SHELL cracker plant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon gentlemen
smile.gif

The massive SHELL ethylene cracker plant is 7.5 miles from where I live. Can anyone tell me or guess if SHELL will probably use some of the other gases from natural gas, ethylene etc in their motor oils? I dont know much especially about GTL base stocks.

Thank You and have a great Sunday folks
smile.gif

Last edited:
The basics as I understand them, GTL combines shorter carbon molecules (lighter) into longer carbon molecules (heavier) to get the desired weight/viscosity/product. I would imagine that the oil companies have developed the technology to combine just about any length carbon molecule.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Sounds like it's going to make a WHOLE BUNCH of plastic pellets, to be used in plastic manufacturing-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_Pennsylvania_Petrochemicals_Complex
I would imagine it would bring a lot of jobs to your area, looks pretty big.

Well, tons of union construction and co tractor jobs yeah. When completed only 400 or so SHELL employees will be there.
Originally Posted by JLTD
The basics as I understand them, GTL combines shorter carbon molecules (lighter) into longer carbon molecules (heavier) to get the desired weight/viscosity/product. I would imagine that the oil companies have developed the technology to combine just about any length carbon molecule.

Thanks for the info. So it probably wont do anything in relation to GTL?

Last edited:
XOM is building one on the lower Texas coast - massive plant. The product demand is clearly there.

The future is in plastics.

400 or so employees is still a decent number and then you add in ancillary jobs created.

On a recent thread regarding Ineos, there was mention on their website of producing pellets for plastic production. Diversification is key for the oil companies.

many things are a petroleum product today an anyone, especially men should NOT eat out of of them as little as possible, hot items think coffee usually in styrofoam extracts the estrogen compounds into it + into the drink, not good for the family jewels!! anything above room temp should NOT touch plastic or styrofoam as the estrogens KILL your vitamin T thats free testosterone!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back