Dillemma ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the story , Miata Mx-5 if you prefer, 2012 , less than 20k miles. I used this car only in summer , 3 to for 4k miles per years. ( this year will be less than 3k miles ) Mazda wants to have the oil change done every 4 months or 5k miles. of course the warranty is expired .

I am using PP 5w30 in it with a Wix 51348 filter , do I have to change the oil and filter every years let say before storage or, can I keep it in the car for another year and cycle up to the 8K miles ? Its a huge waste I would think to keep doing what I am doing now but hey , what do I know ?, hence my presence here !!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ka9mnx
Sounds like you are trying to keep the car nice for a long time. Once a year in the Fall.

↑↑↑↑↑ THIS ↑↑↑↑↑

Here's my 7 year oil change on a MAZDA RX8 with 7700 miles and Mobil 1 0w40.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 30
Last edited:
Originally Posted by dave1251
Once every two years and even then you are not pushing the limits of the motor oil.

I agree. Only ~7K miles in 2 years ... change it every 2 years! I did even 3 with a low driven car and it still purrs. It was not short triped just low mileage !

Originally Posted by dave1251
Once every two years and even then you are not pushing the limits of the motor oil.

This is the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back