Schaeffers vs Mobil one

Status
Not open for further replies.
36.gif

I like to see something from the halls of Walmart get beat. I think its probably cheaper to get M1 AP but I think Schaeffers is more boutique based and ultra long intervals isn't what they are trying to achieve.Did anyone notice the NyQuil green tint to Schaeffers? Molybdenum maybe? Good on a oil company with a few employes from the Midwest making it.

Originally Posted by pbm
Both are excellent oils....one is very easy to get......

I know you're talking Schaeffer's is easy to get
grin2.gif
since you can order online or through a rep and have it delivered. Every time I go to WM to look for M1, the oil I want is not on the shelf....some BITOGers must have gotten there first...

it's always been hard for me to take a motor oil seriously when dyes are added to it. Particularly cute colors. Like purple and green.

Originally Posted by BHopkins
it's always been hard for me to take a motor oil seriously when dyes are added to it. Particularly cute colors. Like purple and green.

That just makes you ... an oil racist!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by JLTD

lol.gif

Look out for the #OilToo movement.

So what brand do you prefer?

Originally Posted by Bud
Originally Posted by JLTD

lol.gif

Look out for the #OilToo movement.

crackmeup2.gif

So I guess you won't like my plan of making the BITOG oil all swirled up in green and purple.
It's a guaranteed hit with fans of Barney the Dinosaur. The marketing tie-ins will be spectacular.

You know that most motor oil is dyed, right?

Do you have a problem with ATF being red?

What about coolant? That must set your blood on fire!

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

You know that most motor oil is dyed, right?

Do you have a problem with ATF being red?

What about coolant? That must set your blood on fire!

I want all fluids clear darnit. I am tired of stains on my driveway.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by salesrep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT2qa-2TuLA
Project Farm is the best marketing material you have to post?

Any sales rep for a product that would post this video as evidence of one oil's superiority over another clearly has no clue whatsoever and should be dismissed out of hand. Completely irrelevant "tests" generating equally irrelevant results.

Does salesrep know anything about actual relevant tests for motor oils?

He posted it without comment so my guess is it was just something he thought some would find interesting. I did and I find Project Farm tests to be mildly interesting but not relevant. Not sure why the snark and certainly the personal attack is unwarranted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back