Wonder how much $ ice cream trucks make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by Fawteen

Not much. There's a reason why they don't have decent equipment. If you want to make extra money there are a lot of ways to do it that will create a much better income than peddling ice cream from a van. Even as a "retirement" job there are better ways.

I bet that scooping ice cream at Baskin Robbins or rite aid pays better. At least your not over fueling a 318+ cubic inch engine all day long.

You're still talking about a minimum wage job. That's a high school, beginner's wage. Not a wage that someone with a bit of experience would ever settle for. There are still much better ways to earn a retirement income.

Originally Posted by Fawteen

Even as a "retirement" job there are better ways.

Maybe I should have said retirement hobby. I faintly remember how excited we were when we'd hear the ice cream truck jingle up the street when I was a tyke and now see the kids line up in the neighborhood waiting for the ratty ice cream van to come by.

Apparently only $2500 per month after expenses working 20 days.

https://foodtruckempire.com/news/income-ice-cream-truck/

My sister in law has a $7k food truck self UHaul converted truck with partner. Also a self built trailer.

A great venue/festival/concert makes them $1500 profit - occasionally $2000/day per vehicle. It operates about 4 days per week but winter slows down to about once a week and one vehicle.

I live in a rural area now and do see an ice cream truck driving slowly and playing music occasionally. Modern delivery van-looking thing, not anything nostalgic.

A local business makes a killing staffing this truck with scantily-clad ladies, and having same hold signs on the side of the road sometimes, to lure people in:

[Linked Image from thescoopvt.com]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back