Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

irv

I remember this product being discussed here quite a bit a year or 2 ago but I hardly ever hear about it anymore? I purchased some a year or 2 ago and finally decided to give it a try on my wife's black 17 Impala and my son's black 08 Malibu.

Long stroy short, I like it! Imo, both cars turned out great and the water beading is phenomenal, imo. Today I did my white 13 Ram and I also liked how it turned out despite it being very hard to see on my white truck with failing eyesight!
crazy2.gif

Just curious if some still use it or have you moved onto something different/better? It will take some time to use up the 2 cans I purchased so I am stuck with it until I run out, but in all honesty, if and when I do, I will have no qualms, based on what I have seen so far, to purchase it again.

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on it and if it is still a good product to choose?

ultimate.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FADEC
I used it once on my dark color truck. Really didn't care for it, was very streaky.

Interesting? I had no issue like that, in fact it flashed so quick it was hard to see where I applied it. Despite that, I flipped the mirco fiber over, and wiped it down where I thought I had gone.

After I was done my wife's car, she and I both looked at it and thought it looked great. Her eyes are better than mine and she didn't see/notice any streaking and she would have definitely told me!

Yesterday was the 1s time I washed her car after applying it about a week ago. Imo, after I dried her car off, I thought it looked even better than the actual day I did it. The beading was incredible, imo. Says it is suppose to last a year but I will see in the spring after a good old CDN winter wears away at it.

Meant to add, after I did her car about a week ago, I noticed how very little dust had stuck to it over the course of the week. Maybe that's the way it is with all these sprays/sealants, I don't know, but I was quite happy about that!
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Seems like I can wipe it on but can't buff it off like the instructions say too.

My truck is the bronze fire metallic and it makes it streaky.

Once my bottle of Ultimate Liquid Wax ran out I switched to FF and never looked back. You still have to prep the surface before application like any other top coat. Clay and cleaner/polish if the paint hasn't been taken care of regularly.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Once my bottle of Ultimate Liquid Wax ran out I switched to FF and never looked back. You still have to prep the surface before application like any other top coat. Clay and cleaner/polish if the paint hasn't been taken care of regularly.

I may have jumped the gun by putting this stuff on this time of year as I want/usually put a coat of Collinite 845 on each vehicle in the fall to help protect the paint over the winter but maybe now, after reading your post, it will not be necessary?

If I decide to wax my vehicles as I have always done, should this UFF be removed or can I put a coat of Collinite's right over top of it? I likely won't be getting around to waxing the vehicles until late Oct/early November if that matters any?

All 3 vehicles currently have a coat of Collinite's 845 on them but my wife's and son's cars were done back in April/May and mine was done just a couple months ago or less. The UFF is now on top of all 3 wax jobs.

Originally Posted by PimTac
You should be okay to put on the Collonite. The Meguairs stuff is not long lasting.

I know marketing VS real life experiences are usually 2 different things so that is interesting to know as the company claims one full year of protection and/or 100 car washes.

I know not all environments are the same so there would be some variations with longevity but I am surprised at your "not long lasting" statement, Pimtac.

Regardless, I am glad to hear I will be able to put a coat of Collinite's right over top of the UFF. Whether I decide to put another coat of UFF on the top of the Collinite's after I complete the coat of pre-winter wax in the fall will be determined by the weather and time.

So far, as stated earlier, I am real happy with the product.

Thanks
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back