What "Brand Name" do you associate most with quality product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you see the brand name, and know it's good. It is very difficult anymore since many companies sold out, and slap their brand name on crap.

For me, it would be HONDA.

Apple, my iPhone 7+ will be 3 years old next month. It's perfect, my aunt bought hers on release night 3 years ago too. Same with my iPad Pro that's 3. My MacBook Pro is 10 years old and got an SSD last year. It's perfect too.

Toyota. My Camry runs like an absolute champion at just shy of 235k miles.

Choosing one for automotive: Porsche

Pretty hard to top for overall quality and consistency, especially given the combination of performance and daily useability.

Others that come to mind:

3M
IBM
Microsoft
Cisco
Caterpillar/Progress Rail
Beechcraft

Would have said Boeing until recently.....

Going to add one that's a bit off from this site - but so far not limited to automotive and others did multiple.

Xerox - the company ended it's long contract for large HP printers - switched to Xerox about 5 years ago. They run and run and run and print so clean.
No K22 paper jams to walk away from and have Terry Tate make you pay.

In car/boat - agree with 3M … Then there is Chevron, Mobil, Pennzoil I trust for lubes
I carry 5 Apple devices and one Dell with me when I travel - very happy with those,

Harbor Freight
Sparkomatic
Kraco
Amsoil
Black Label Beer
Apple
Yugo
Goldstar
Globemaster Tools
Toyota

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
Originally Posted by Kibitoshin
Apple
I associate Apple with overpaying for an inferior product.

Apple is the Toyota of electronics. Not the best, but it will always be there for you. And they just work.

Originally Posted by sloinker
Harbor Freight
Sparkomatic
Kraco
Amsoil
Black Label Beer
Apple
Yugo
Goldstar
Globemaster Tools
Toyota

If you can list Sparkomatic and Kraco without mentioning Roadmaster, well, I just can't take you seriously.
beer3.gif

HP as far as printers go (and if they made a scanner at my price point--well below $100--I'm sure I'd be on their bandwagon).

I don't recall the last time I had an HP printer actually break down on me. The last 2 I've had, I've sold to help pay for the new one. My last laser went 7 years and was still working fine, so I sold it and used the money after I had to pay for shipping, to help pay for my new one. This one has lasted 4 years and is still running just fine. No drum to purchase either, so long term costs are pretty low. Maybe in 2-3 years I will sell this one, although I might just run it into the ground like I plan on doing with the cars in my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back