Is there any way to track a package stuck in US customs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a 60s Spanish music cumbia lp from a music seller in Colombia two months ago. I contacted the seller and he said it's stuck sitting in US customs. Is there any way to contact US customs to find out where my package is?

Here's what the USPS tracking says:

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

Status

Pre-Shipment
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Pre-Shipment
Tracking History
Product Information

No, you really can't. Even if you tried calling them, you have no internal reference number. The USPS tracking # means squat to them.

Some dog might of smelled some columbian wham bam.

Kidding. I'd call customs.
If you're ever south near Austin, check out Piranha Records. They usually have tons of Spanish LPs.
Even HalfPrice Books has a good amount usually, especially the outlet store in Waco

"Originating post is preparing to send" = not mailed yet. Sounds like a scam....if the seller knows it is in Customs, they have a tracking number or case reference. I'd ask for those...and if they don't have or don't know, then it's time to get your $$ back.

Originally Posted by JLTD
"Originating post is preparing to send" = not mailed yet. Sounds like a scam....if the seller knows it is in Customs, they have a tracking number or case reference. I'd ask for those...and if they don't have or don't know, then it's time to get your $$ back.

It has no "link" (current tracking details) to the USPS because they haven't been handed it yet. It was probably sent via Columbia's equivalent postal service and goes to a US Customs facility for clearance. Once CBP clears it, they hand it off to USPS and the tracking will update.

Originally Posted by JLTD

my first thought as well.. scam.

Update:

I tracked it again on 17Track that the seller provided to me and it says that it arrived at the local post office this morning and is being dispatched out to my house today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back