NEW FEDERATED LF651F FILTER CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Racer426
Rock Auto sells Hastings filters CHEAP. I just stocked up for all my vehicles.

Apparently, this is for a newer 6.7 Powerstroke diesel (10 microns?)

RockAuto doesn't list a Hastings for the newer 6.7 diesel

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by A_Spruce
That's a nice looking assembly. :cool:

Yeah, obviously Hastings don't mess around and build em' tough
wink.gif

You gentlemen are welcome and HUGE THANKS TO BEANOIL for the filters he sent
smile.gif

34.gif
08.gif
11.gif

Right on Capt... Hastings build em way tough...

Like if there evere were a nuclear war... Only thing left would be Hastings oil filters and cockroaches
lol.gif

Great work again there man. I hope your mom is doing good... Don't know why but you and her have been in my thoughts in the past weeks... Always great to see you on here. You really add so much. And you are right on about beanoil... Great job by him too.

Last edited:
Yep, looks good. Looking at the media I am wondering if Donaldson makes this filter for Federated AP/Hastings/Clarcor. Keeping in mind that the standard Fed Parts spin on filters no longer made by Hastings.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted by dnewton3
It's unclear to me; is that rust on the BP assy?

In the 6th pic? It looks to be a gasket; I just peeled it off just now.
smile.gif

Adam-looks like some oxidation on the (aluminum?) bypass valve, under the gasket. Nice C&P, that wire backed synthetic media looks as good as an RP or Ultra, if I ever run low I'll have to try a Cummins one!

It has the same construction as the CQ Blues made by Affinia (WIX) and Clarcor (Baldwin) from a few years ago. I scored a ton of them cheap from Rock Auto and it was all I ran on my 2015 Powerstroke.

Still have some that I need to put out on eBay and free up closet space in the house...

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Yep, looks good. Looking at the media I am wondering if Donaldson makes this filter for Federated AP/Hastings/Clarcor. Keeping in mind that the standard Fed Parts spin on filters no longer made by Hastings.

Thanks for c&p.

That's true, Federated's newer filters are Premium Guard. Looks like it was made 7/11/14-but newer Hastings filters should be the same.

For a different application, but I got a couple dozen "Federated" oil filters from Rock Auto a few years ago. They had the exact same paint job and were under $1/each.
They were also made by Hastings.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle

Thanks for c&p.

That's true, Federated's newer filters are Premium Guard. Looks like it was made 7/11/14-but newer Hastings filters should be the same.

If someone gets a newer made one or if I find one; send it to me and we will see if still made like a tank
smile.gif

smile.gif

Adam-looks like some oxidation on the (aluminum?) bypass valve, under the gasket. Nice C&P, that wire backed synthetic media looks as good as an RP or Ultra, if I ever run low I'll have to try a Cummins one!

Yeah a tad bit of oxidation. What filters do you run on your diesels?

Many thanks for the C&P Sir.
I am using a Federated right now on my 6.7 , along with a Racor LFS-801 bypass.
Looks like I got lucky and made the best choice out of the 3.
Hastings LF651 are currently on RockAuto at 10.73 . The Fed's I bought were less than 5. I've got a couple left.
I also like the Donaldson P502503, those C&P are on the board somewhere.

Originally Posted by beanoil
Many thanks for the C&P Sir.
I am using a Federated right now on my 6.7 , along with a Racor LFS-801 bypass.
Looks like I got lucky and made the best choice out of the 3.
Hastings LF651 are currently on RockAuto at 10.73 . The Fed's I bought were less than 5. I've got a couple left.
I also like the Donaldson P502503, those C&P are on the board somewhere.

You are more than welcome. The ole' Longacre had no issue choppin them open either
wink.gif

Thanks for c&p.

If someone gets a newer made one or if I find one; send it to me and we will see if still made like a tank
smile.gif

smile.gif

Yeah a tad bit of oxidation. What filters do you run on your diesels?
The F-450 has an older Mobil 1 (a donation from someone here a couple years ago), the 6.2 has an older AAP Sure Grip, and the Dodge has a Fleetguard Stratapore Venturi.

Originally Posted by blupupher

Big question is cost.

They're $2.17 each for my 2016 Ford Fiesta, the PG241F at Fisher Auto Parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back