Anyone tried a Battery Operated Liquid Transfer Pump-Harbor Freight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.harborfreight.com/Battery-Operated-Liquid-Transfer-Pump-63847.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMTQzNDk5MTgiLCJza3UiOiI2Mzg0NyIsImlzIjoiNS45OSIsInByb2R1Y3RfaWQi%0D%0AOiIxMjM3NCJ9%0D%0A&utm_source=1021&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3419b_EXT_PLS&cid=mEmail_s1021_3419b_EXT_PLS&lid=7,591,125

To use with engine oil or ATF ? Kind of have my doubts . Would probably work to pump gasoline from a container into the gas tank . Doubt it would work the opposite way ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes , I have & use the manual pump . Do not plan to change . Just saw that one in the sale add & was curious .

I used that battery type pump when I had a kerosene heater and filled the heater from the 5 gallon kerosene can. I don't think it would pump ATF, oil or gear oil.

It's battery (2xD size) operated so I highly doubt it can move fluids thicker than water/gas...if it does, it's probably painfully slow. I wouldn't waste my money..

Maybe a 12v fuel pump would work...dunno, never tried one. I just use the manual pump like everyone else.

Originally Posted by Warstud
You can make your own with a Vacuum Cleaner...... a sports cup and some hose.

Has anyone found a hose that doesn't collapse that fits those red/blk hand pumps?.. the one I have is a bear to pump 5w30.

No. The motor at the top spins a very long rod (like a line shaft pump) and the impeller is at the bottom.

They are designed for containers like 5 gallon carboys of water and 5 gallon kerosene cans ONLY.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
https://www.harborfreight.com/Battery-Operated-Liquid-Transfer-Pump-63847.html
To use with engine oil or ATF ? Kind of have my doubts . Would probably work to pump gasoline from a container into the gas tank . Doubt it would work the opposite way ?

ALWAYS delete all the nonsense after the ? mark

?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMTQzNDk5MTgiLCJza3UiOiI2Mzg0NyIsImlzIjoiNS45OSIsInByb2R1Y3RfaWQi%0D%0AOiIxMjM3NCJ9%0D%0A&utm_source=1021&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3419b_EXT_PLS&cid=mEmail_s1021_3419b_EXT_PLS&lid=7,591,125

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back