Wht do people with labor intensive jobs lay on their back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of these guys work really hard out in the sun and heat all day. They need that short nap in the shade to recoup.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I see this all the time, workers laying on the grass beneath an oak tree somewhere. Is it good for you r back to do this? Are they trying to decompress it from being on their feet all day?

Does anything in life NOT bother you? No one likes a drama queen.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I see this all the time, workers laying on the grass beneath an oak tree somewhere. Is it good for you r back to do this? Are they trying to decompress it from being on their feet all day?

Does anything in life NOT bother you? No one likes a drama queen.

Who said anything about a drama queen? I was just curious. I work out in the heat all day long and was curious. It hurts my hips when I do it.

Laying on the back decompresses the vertebra. In addition; if when laying on the back and lifting the knees toward the chest increases the decompression. I learned this from an MD at a rehab center when I had back surgery. Ed

Well our Founder George Washington I bet laid on his back in the shade a few times in his day.

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Well our Founder George Washington I bet laid on his back in the shade a few times in his day.

He would have had he not cut down that tree!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL

He would have had he not cut down that tree!
lol.gif

But did not lie like a rug

Originally Posted by dave1251
Nah it's because most Americans are crazy overweight and laying down straight on your back reduces pain.

and their kids are growing up to be even worse.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
We have chiggers here. There is no lying on the back in the grass for me. There is also some no seeum that lives in oak trees. So no lying on the back under an oak under any circumstances.
Rod
And then there are the Fire Ants where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back