Do you think most Millennials will be better or worse off than Boomers/X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 02SE
They've been successful businesses for a long time. They are capable of doing their best due diligence when advertising for, and screening potential hires.

What I have been told repeatedly by former business owner colleagues, is that people look great on paper, interview well, but too frequently lack the drive once they've made it in the door. Late for work, don't bother showing up, lame excuses when asked what's going on with them.

The common analogy I've heard is that it's like the employee is 14, and doesn't want to get out of bed and go to school.

To reiterate, that doesn't apply to all new hires. But it apparently happens too often.

I am reminded of a fellow Bitoger that sought advice on the best excuse to use to not work on Thanksgiving.

In all seriousness... This is exactly true^^^^^

And a huge reason why if I ever decided to even try to get disability... My doctor would gladly sign off on it. He and I have talked about that circumstance from time to time. And he has told me on all occasions that he has seen people with far less really wrong with them physically than me have tried to get that. I have multiple sclerosis and I don't use that has an excuse for not working and trying. I keep on keeping on. Some days are really good physically. Others... Are hard on me... But I keep going.
And I see world champions around me who don't have nothing hardly wrong with them physically hardly wanting to work or even work hard. Candidly it surprises me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back