High CFM semi portable compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short answer, because a flex hose whip on an AP Nano or mini air die grinder fit in places an 18V battery impact or grinder doesn't, and there's no 18V Aircat 1150. And air tools don't overheat (their cutting tools might, but the motors don't).

Sure cordless has made inroads on air, and will continue to do so. I use them too. But they're not obsolete, and even when they are, they will still work, unlike an obsolete cordless tools with bad dead discontinued batteries, and burnt out electric motors.

Why not get a cordless impact instead?

That said, the HF compressor will be fine. You're not going to sit there and hold the trigger down constantly on the impact, so it will have time to refill. It's things like painting and blasting that are the real air hogs, and need a compressor with continuous output higher than the rating of the tool.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Cujet

In my case the 20 gal American made compressor is rated lower but actually performs better and is significantly quieter.

It's amazing how much quieter those old 2cyl, belt drive portables are. I still regret giving mine away to a family member years ago.

Ended up going with the Ingersoll Rand 60 gal 18.1 CFM @ 90 PSI unit.

The next size up was only $100 more, 80 gal, and 2 stage vs 1, but substantially larger and didn't quite put out as much air.

I'll probably still look for a small portable unit. Even a small pancake unit would work.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Ended up going with the Ingersoll Rand 60 gal 18.1 CFM @ 90 PSI unit.

The next size up was only $100 more, 80 gal, and 2 stage vs 1, but substantially larger and didn't quite put out as much air.

I'll probably still look for a small portable unit. Even a small pancake unit would work.

What is max psi rated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back