Rislone Nano Prime Oil additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ZZman
The WS2 component sounds interesting.

W is right below Mo in the periodic table, so one would expect this compound to have some similarities with our old friend MoS2.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
This thread..👇on tungsten additives. It's interesting that we don't see tungsten used by more oil formulators.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3195103/2

The problem is with it staying in suspension, and it isn't cheap.

Agreed. Which is quite similar to the problem facing moly, no? But it seems at least there are forms of tungsten that remain in a [specific type of] suspension??..if I understood Mola's explanation. I will admit this Nano Prime product sounds intriguing... and yes, it's not cheap... last I looked it was like $20+ on Amazon.

I certainly wouldn't be buying stuff off eBay and adding it willy nilly to my sump, that's for sure.

Last edited:
FWIW, I picked up 10 bottles at $2.85 each from AAP.

I've been running it in my Porsche. Don't notice a difference in the way it runs but my oil has a sweet blue tint to it now.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
This thread..👇on tungsten additives. It's interesting that we don't see tungsten used by more oil formulators.

The problem is with it staying in suspension, and it isn't cheap.

Agreed. Which is quite similar to the problem facing moly, no? But it seems at least there are forms of tungsten that remain in a [specific type of] suspension??..if I understood Mola's explanation. I will admit this Nano Prime product sounds intriguing... and yes, it's not cheap... last I looked it was like $20+ on Amazon.

I certainly wouldn't be buying stuff off eBay and adding it willy nilly to my sump, that's for sure.

MoS2 and WS2 don't stay in suspension all that well. WS2 being the worst of the two. When I was doing my research on coating bullets I contacted a supplier of both products and talked to one of their tech people who was very well versed on the products and their applications. We discussed the products for use in oil as well as coating bullets. He told me WS2 didn't stay in suspension that well. I later read elsewhere the same thing.

Ravenol DOES include it in some of it's premium oils' additive packs.
wink.gif

Update
Quaker state 0w-20 UD with Rislone Nano Prime drained. 6000 miles on oil and additive. UOA sample taken no results yet. Replaced with 5 qts of 0w-20 QSUD.
Pros: Silenced Subaru valvetrain noise
Cons: None other than cost
No Gas mileage increase or decrease
No valvetrain noise increase with new oil yet (100 miles on new oil).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back