Supertech equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.
In theory you can use SuperTech Dex6 (if you trust their label), but it is expensive and won't save you much over Toyota WS. Maxlife is cheaper than SuperTech Dex6.

Short answer, there is no Supertech WS fluid.

But as said, WS has very similar (won't say identical) fluid specs to Dex VI, and many use it without issues. So Supertech Dex VI would work.
And as mentioned, Maxlife ATF works well in WS applications.

I have used Maxlife ATF and Havoline Dex VI in my Scion XB (a WS spec transmission) for my drain and fills and feel that shifting is a little firmer (a good thing compared to the sloppy slow shifts of WS fluid) and no ill effects so far.

I always thought that WS and Dexron VI were not interchangeable. I have a Volkswagen which uses a VW branded WS fluid and they sell it very high priced. It is priced at around $25.00 per liter. The thing is if you didn't see the label you would think that it was made in Germany but it says made in Canada. It might really be made by Petrocanada and rebranded for Volkswagen and others. It MIGHT be Dexron VI but I am leaning more towards WS because it is an Aisin transmission. Other cars besides Volkswagen use the same transmissions or very similar ones and that is what helped me discover which fluid I could get much cheaper for it. I am not sure how long this fluid is supposed to last but I use Toyota WS or Aisin WS (they might be the same).

No.

There is only one Toyota WS. (Aisin says their Aisin WS is the exact same. I spoke with their technical dept)

There are many fluids that claim to be just as good as Toyota WS but none are the same.

A lot of folks here use Maxlife ATF as Maxlife's bottle reads their ATF is good for almost all transmissions.

In my cars that call for Toyota WS, I only use Toyota WS.

I like how Maxlife costs less than the ST. The name-brand is cheaper than the store brand
crazy2.gif

…. (Aisin says their Aisin WS is the exact same. I spoke with their technical dept)…..
Due respect to the Aisin "technical dept", after seeing a similar claim on Amazon for Aisin Honda DW1, call me skeptical. The claim there is Aisin DW1 is Honda OEM , VOAs have proven that to be false. Not saying it's not perfectly fine to use in WS applications, however until and unless there are VOAs posted for both, personally I would not assume they are identical.

To question, seeing the price of ST equivalent linked, if accurate and I was considering using it MaxLife would be the obvious choice for me.

My bottles of Toyota WS state they are made in the USA with ExxonMobil listed on the bottle as well.

No where is Aisin listed.

Mobil makes the TGMO 0W-20 and with the exact same bottles used in production, I assume they make the WS as well.

May be the reason Aisin is listed as a mineral oil and Toyota WS is rumored to be synthetic blend. (Both made in the USA)

https://www.wpdusa.com/products/265...AISIN-31256774-4954514999946-ATF0WS.aspx

I have owned many Toyota's over the years and had no issue using the Supertech DEX VI fluid as a WS fluid substitute. If you are warranty paranoid, seek the true WS fluid out. Otherwise, any DEX VI spec fluid will suffice.

Originally Posted by Chuckh
I always thought that WS and Dexron VI were not interchangeable. I have a Volkswagen which uses a VW branded WS fluid and they sell it very high priced. It is priced at around $25.00 per liter. The thing is if you didn't see the label you would think that it was made in Germany but it says made in Canada. It might really be made by Petrocanada and rebranded for Volkswagen and others. It MIGHT be Dexron VI but I am leaning more towards WS because it is an Aisin transmission. Other cars besides Volkswagen use the same transmissions or very similar ones and that is what helped me discover which fluid I could get much cheaper for it. I am not sure how long this fluid is supposed to last but I use Toyota WS or Aisin WS (they might be the same).

Email a few blenders such as Shell, XOM, Phillips, Castrol, Valvoline and you will find a common recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back