Federated OF Now Made in China

And I was told Premium Guard also makes K&N and Wix, and all are now made in China.
Does this mean the Federated oil filters are still worthy of using?

I have a Federated PG241F (PG for Premium Guard) for my 2016 Ford Fiesta that I have not ran yet.

I'm not sure about these. I might prefer the made in USA orange can Fram PH3614 or the Motorcraft FL910S.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by oldhp
What oil filters are made in the USA???
Wix is a huge global company. They have plants on 4 continents. They also have 2 huge manufacturing plants in Gastonia, N.C.

A lot of them are made in China now. But with the tariffs blowing up today that may change and/or prices will go up a little more in the very near future.

Fram for one. My PH3614 are made in the USA.

Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
Fram for one. My PH3614 are made in the USA.
Only some Frams. My Fram TG10358 says it was made in China.

Premium Guard doesn't appear to make anything directly, they partner with manufacturers in Korea, China, Taiwan, and a few other countries. That's right off their own web site. PG is an importer/distributor.

Mann+Hummel owns Wix and they are a giant company with manufacturing plants all over the world. Some filters may still be outsourced for a number of reasons such as low volume part numbers, but most of them are made in one of the original Wix plants or another Mann+Hummel plant.

About a month ago my dad asked me to stop and get him an oil filter on Saturday, so I stopped in my local Federated parts store and asked the parts guy if thier filters are still made by Hastings and he said yep they sure are. So I told him I need an oil filter for a FL820S cross and for $36.00 dollars I got an ok tire pressure gauge and a PG4651F premium guard oil filter. The Federated box had the old Hasting number listed below the PG4651F.

About a month ago my dad asked me to stop and get him an oil filter on Saturday, so I stopped in my local Federated parts store and asked the parts guy if thier filters are still made by Hastings and he said yep they sure are. So I told him I need an oil filter for a FL820S cross and for $36.00 dollars I got an ok tire pressure gauge and a PG4651F premium guard oil filter. The Federated box had the old Hasting number listed below the PG4651F.
You were lied to. They “Hastings” stopped making filters for other people a few years ago and left Federated to find a new vendor. They still sell Hastings in a Hastings box for around $7-8 dollars but the Federated filters all come from PG now.

I just bought a Hastings from my local fisher auto parts over their federated branded oil filters because those were made in China. The Hastings box still says Clarcor on it. Is it old stock?

I just bought a Hastings from my local fisher auto parts over their federated branded oil filters because those were made in China. The Hastings box still says Clarcor on it. Is it old stock?

Clarcor is the parent company of Hastings. What is the date code on the filter? :)

I've used PG filters in my 18 taurus and posted a C&P. no issues at all with them. The cans are surprisingly sturdy. Harder to cut open than a purolator.

You were lied to. They “Hastings” stopped making filters for other people a few years ago and left Federated to find a new vendor. They still sell Hastings in a Hastings box for around $7-8 dollars but the Federated filters all come from PG now.

I talked to Hastings way back when Federated was dumped.
Hastings USA isn't spectacular anyway to be honest. I have cut many apart- If you love mundane they are your choice.

Clarcor is the parent company of Hastings. What is the date code on the filter? :)
E155B1FD-4ABE-44F1-9E30-80AA50B39CF0.jpeg
247C10AD-9370-4FA7-9D55-BA6E045D4FB7.jpeg
345DE17F-FEA3-418E-B7FA-8443B9751B0F.jpeg
4C551C74-31F0-486A-A7C6-FF8ECFEF11EA.jpeg
13788ECB-B935-4EDA-9329-C5047F0AD86E.jpeg
B1DD2069-665E-46C8-8B1E-56DB4DB3F966.jpeg

can anyone decipher the date code?

I’m looking forward to putting this on my Explorer. I have a purolator pureone, motorcraft, and a service champ filter waiting to be cut! So happy with how easy it is to upload photos now!

Back