vavoline syncpower 4T

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have experience with VALVOLINE SYNPOWER but here is a VOA for their 4T 40 grade so you can see what you're are paying for...

[Linked Image]

Valvoline specs 1120 PPM on zinc and 1000 PPM on phosphorus, the more I see oil analysis, both used and virgin, the more I wonder if manufacturers don't give a rip about how close they blend their products to their specs or if Blackstone sucks. I mean, we are talking over 20% variance between Valvoline spec and a VOA.

My recent used oil analysis of Mobil 1 20w50 Vtwin after 5,065 miles on a ZRX1200 showed about 400 PPM lower on zinc than Mobil rates it. The previous uoa on M1 10w40 4T showed less than 150 PPM variance between the uoa and the spec when run in the same bike for the same interval.

I'm discovering the uoa to determine additive package is absolutely worthless, which is one of the reasons I have done them. And will a motorcycle or car last significantly longer with 3ppm vs 12ppm of wear, given statistical allowances, on any given part over 5,000 miles?

Originally Posted by BusyLittleShop
I don't have experience with VALVOLINE SYNPOWER but here is a VOA for their 4T 40 grade so you can see what you're are paying for...

[Linked Image]

Thanks for the info. I take it done on a virgin oil.
Unless I am missing something, it looks OK apart from calcium & boron

Says "Virgin 10W/40" at top of the oil analysis. Also talks about virgin sample in the comments of the report.

Originally Posted by Bonz
the more I see oil analysis, both used and virgin, the more I wonder if manufacturers don't give a rip about how close they blend their products to their specs or if Blackstone sucks.

uh oh, someone else has peeked behind the curtain
wink.gif

welcome to the quandry!

looks like I may be the first one to use it however I am also looking at petronas sprinta F900 10w50
confused2.gif

The reason is motul 300v2 is extremely expensive over here (maybe because it is new) and was not impressed with silkolene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back