Good Question?🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Donald
Thats the way his kid's Hot Wheels is setup?

...‚...‚...‚..+1

Meant to slow the yielding traffic....

Cynical side says that is worth millions more in contracts than a straight shot. I'm not that cynical though. I'll stick with a safety issue.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
This allows for a less steep incline = easier for vehicles to climb up.

I have seen the same thing when a bridge was built to cross a waterway with little space to gain elevation without a super steep ramp -
I'm left to think the engineers use some kind of grade limit when trying to reach a clearance height

They had to elevate it to go over the railroad tracks, but didn't want a steep decline that immediately ended at an intersection. The loop keeps speeds down prior to the intersection. I'm not sure where this is, but maybe they also get icy roads there.

Originally Posted by FFeng7
Room for traffic congestion???

Yes and yes.

Last edited:
Look at the incline, and look at the large truck going up. It's much more beneficial for traffic flow to have that large circle with a gradual incline than it is a significant grade to the bridge, especially for truck traffic.
It also allows traffic to slow going to the cross road on the right from the "city" area on the left.

I'm surprised that you ain't able to figure that out for yourself.

To allow us all to gloat over the obvious incompetence of traffic engineers and live in a fantasy world in which we know better than they do, hopefully burying reasonable explanations under an avalanche of condescension in the process. Duh.

Originally Posted by Fawteen
Look at the incline, and look at the large truck going up. It's much more beneficial for traffic flow to have that large circle with a gradual incline than it is a significant grade to the bridge, especially for truck traffic.
It also allows traffic to slow going to the cross road on the right from the "city" area on the left.

I'm surprised that you ain't able to figure that out for yourself.

Boy, don't I look silly.. here I thought it was due to the "Hot Wheels" effect.🤔

Originally Posted by d00df00d
To allow us all to gloat over the obvious incompetence of traffic engineers and live in a fantasy world in which we know better than they do, hopefully burying reasonable explanations under an avalanche of condescension in the process. Duh.

That just killed my buzz...tx....

Last edited:

Originally Posted by dippschtick
Originally Posted by FFeng7
Room for traffic congestion???

Yes and yes.

Limited incline is my guess as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back