College Football Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, just maybe OSU's QB gets injured and then Mi can win a game over those overrated Buckeyes. Then they can win the Big ten championship and go to the playoffs. The only bad part of that is, who would they play? Maybe Alabama or Clemson? If it was Alabama, I think that Alabama would steamroll them just to get at Clemson. I think Alabama will stop at nothing for revenge over Clemson. Remember, Clemson lost a lot of really good players on their defensive line. They may have a great QB, but so does Alabama. But, Alabama will have a better defense and if both teams are healthy I think Alabama has the better chances. NOBODY else can beat those 2 teams unless they have a LOT of injuries. A lot of people don't like the same teams in the playoffs every year. The best solution is to beat them. But then you would need to out recruit them. I don't see that in the foreseeable future. Maybe they will expand the playoffs and include more teams. But, just like when UCLA was ruling college basketball, things ran it's course and now it's Duke for college basketball. That will change when coach K retires. The same thing will come for college football. Coaches retire, then things change and then someone else will rule the sport. Just remember, Mr. Sabin will retire. Mr. Meyer already has. Then, someone else will take over and they will rule. I just wonder what coach Swinney will do when Mr. Sabin retires. THAT will be VERY interesting. Thank You, Bill

I just watched a 10 minute highlight film of the 2007 App State, Michigan game on YouTube. IMO the greatest upset in college football history! Mi payed App state $400,000 to come to Ann Arbor from tiny Boone, NC to lay the wood to the mighty Wolverines! Even 12 years later it's so sweet to watch!
07.gif

Since 2003 when Nebraska fired Solich, NOT the Corn guys. After that we had one disaster after another, Calahan, BOO the red faced wildman, and Riley. Now Frost has the state all a flutter anticipating the glory days of the nineties. Don't think it's going to happen, not going to watch one snap and don't give a big(whoops, can't say that) about what the men of corn do. I would also like to make a statement about Steve Peterson, but then again, I don't want to be banned so will let it go at that. Bah Humbug.

Originally Posted by gman2304
I just watched a 10 minute highlight film of the 2007 App State, Michigan game on YouTube. IMO the greatest upset in college football history! Mi payed App state $400,000 to come to Ann Arbor from tiny Boone, NC to lay the wood to the mighty Wolverines! Even 12 years later it's so sweet to watch!
07.gif

You must be an OSU fan...

Originally Posted by grampi
07.gif

Or a Spartan!

Originally Posted by Aero540T
07.gif

Or a Spartan!

He's from North Carolina......I'm betting he's a tar hill fan

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Originally Posted by Aero540T
07.gif

Or a Spartan!

He's from North Carolina......I'm betting he's a tar hill fan

Read the 4th post in this thread! I also live an hour SE of Boone, N.C. and pull for App state as well.

Yep...my Cal Bears will probably be 6-6, or possibly 7-5 this season....you can say there's something to be said for predictability versus rooting for a football factory school where rankings and conference records matter. Bowl eligibility is usually the only thing that really matters to Cal by the end of the season.

Saturday nite kicks off college football
Florida vs Miami

I for one look forward to another season of college football
where young men play the game as it was meant to be
Play for the love of the game

Florida Gators and Miami Hurricanes kick off college football tonight !!ðŸˆðŸˆðŸˆðŸˆ

Originally Posted by Sierra048
Originally Posted by mjk
Can't beat the 5th quarter in Madison.

GO BUCKY

University of South Florida fan and graduate (although a long, long time ago) here. I'll be in Tampa next Friday for the game. I'm looking forward to watching your big offensive line and your running game.

How bout them apples, Sierra ????

Pencil it in Taylor wins the Heisman....

I'm hoping Saban calls off the dogs at the end of the first quarter when Duke plays Alabama in Atlanta today. If Duke even scores today and keeps the Tide under 80 points, it will be a miracle! Thankfully for Duke fans, the college basketball season starts soon.

Good lord !!!...«...«...«...«
My Volunteers still suck !!!
Gona be another long season on Rocky Top ...¢

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back