Findings on BMW ATF6 (Mini Cooper) - Feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for feedback on my ATF findings.

Car is 2016 Mini Cooper S with some JCW add ons that has an auto trans. Car has 30k miles on it and looking to start auto-x with it so want to be proactive with fluids, especially trans. Fortunately it has a factory trans cooler, which also makes true flushes way easier. Car has a warranty I won't have issues due to relationships.

The 2015+ Minis specs BMW ATF Fluid 83222355599. Would not be a huge deal to get 7 quarts to do a flush but this atf runs ~$45/quart or over $300 in fluid alone.

My 3rd gen Mini has the Aisin GA6F21AW auto transmission, which is slightly different that the GA6F21WA found in Gen 1 & Gen 2. Speculation is the different is the start/stop feature which is permanently switched off and I wont be turning on.

Aisin Europe has a poster for their own ATF6 fluid ncludes the BMW part number/spec but also JWS 3309 among a ton of other certs as well as fluid spec. You can see on page 2 below.

This Aisin poster reads like a Maxlife app list (put it in anything!! jk...kinda). My ideal is to run Redline D4 as Redline recommends it and the Aisin Fluid specs align really close with D4 specs.

Alternate fluid would be Bilstein Febi fluid ~$10 a quart.

Feedback and thoughts?

Link:
https://www.be.aisin-europe.com/files/1915/1738/1940/PDS_Aisin_ATF6_Low.pdf

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If it helps, my Volvo has the same gearbox. I use a universal ATF in mine but officially it requires a lube that meets Toyota WS, JWS 3324 or Aisin Warner AW-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back