INEOS to Surpass EXOM in PAO production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
By the end of this year INEOS will be the worlds largest producer of PAO.

While EXOM has increased low viscosity PAO capacity in France, INEOS Oligomers will soon open a new, additional plant in Chocolate Bayou Texas with an additional production capacity of 120,000 tons per year and this will place INEOS total PAO production ahead of EXOM.

Worldwide PAO demand is expected to grow about 15% from now until 2021.

via the STLE.

Last edited:
Interesting but does it matter who synthesizes it? Id assume that even if they are larger, XOM might still have a pricing benefit for direct sale of PAO in finished lubes.

Originally Posted by csandste
But will they be hurt by Brexit?

I have spent my share of time in that area - they could be disrupted by hurricanes just like the other plants see once in a while.

Who does Inios sell to (who markets Inois oil)? I had them confused with Eneos oil until I saw that they are two different companies.

prolly many lower viscosity oils need more PAO to meet specs that good fake synthetic group III base oils can't meet, interesting even more if actual base oils used were not so "secret"

Originally Posted by MolaKule
By the end of this year INEOS will be the worlds largest producer of PAO.

While EXOM has increased low viscosity PAO capacity in France, INEOS Oligimers will soon open a new, additional plant in Chocolate Bayou Texas with an additional production capacity of 120,000 tons per year and this will place INEOS total PAO production ahead of EXOM.

Worldwide PAO demand is expected to grow about 15% from now until 2021.

via the STLE.

Very good info MolaKule. Will the SHELL Cracker plant being built near me possibly be able to use the ethylene, etc gases for GTL base stocks and such? Thank You

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Interesting but does it matter who synthesizes it? Id assume that even if they are larger, XOM might still have a pricing benefit for direct sale of PAO in finished lubes.

Right, it's not so much as to who can synthesize or the price, right now it's availability.

I quit dealing with Mobil because they only wanted to deal with larger volume consumers. For example If I didn't purchase X barrels a month, I payed a premium for consuming less than that.

I use Chevron and INEOS. Now I still have to forecast to both companies my predicted usage but if I go a bit below or above, no problem.

Hopefully, this increase in INEOS production will drive down global PAO pricing.

Originally Posted by benjy
prolly many lower viscosity oils need more PAO to meet specs that good fake synthetic group III base oils can't meet, interesting even more if actual base oils used were not so "secret"

Not quite the largest use for PAO is forecasted to be in industry there is projected to be a lot of growth for the next 4 years.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by benjy

Not quite the largest use for PAO is forecasted to be in industry there is projected to be a lot of growth for the next 4 years.

Lol never give up an opportunity to inject a "fake synthetic" comment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back