early OCI because of HIGH REVVING

Status
Not open for further replies.
should I change my oil early I had to red line the suv to avoid getting into a accident ( other driver was driving recklessly ) i have 700 miles on the current oil change Mobil1 full synthetic EP..

the person missed me by a few inches as i was able to get out of the way in time, just barely

the other guy nearly tboned me because he lost control of his car (doing a burnout ) SMH
mad.gif
while we were both making a left turn (DUAL LEFT TURN) luckily the school bus full of kids , was a bit in front of me other wise he would have hit him instead .

or just change it at 3,000 (my normal OCI is 4,000-4500 miles)

Last edited:
Congrats. You burned off any fuel dilution you might have!

Nothing like a good ole "italian tuneup"

Continue on as normal. No need to change your OCI unless you're high revving it on a track for tons of laps..

Last edited:
You are using Mobil One EP in a Tahoe Hybrid. Anything less than a 10K OCI with that oil is a waste and a UOA will prove that. 10K miles is still likely a waste.

it has Active Fuel Management so that is why i'm worried a bit
I use chevron or Mobil 91 octane
so knocking or pre detonation is not really a issue

know AFM does not play nice with bad oil or "used up" oil..

The highest RPM i normally do is 2500RPM from a STOP SIGN Freeway entrance other wise I keep it 1000 to 1600 rpm under normal driving conditions(sometimes 1800rpm, that will do AFM @80MPH @ 1800RPM on flat land)

Last edited:
Open it up a bit, you're not helping the engine by babying like that everywhere and you're definitely infuriating everyone else on the road as you accelerate slowly.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Open it up a bit, you're not helping the engine by babying like that everywhere and you're definitely infuriating everyone else on the road as you accelerate slowly.

...‚.. this 👆..ðŸ‘

Last edited:
I drive reasonable I have to fix my brakes on the rear it's going to cost 1500 for ALL new factory OEM parts and labor (2000 if the master cylinder has to be replaced) (which should have been fixed by the dealer i bought it from them (STATE law to have fully functional brakes before it's sold) before the put it on the lot)

they knew about the brake problem as they changed the pads but it's clearly not the pads but the calipers and or master cylinder..

thye only work 1 time out of 10 so it's not worth the risk rear ending some because of broken brakes

I have a pending claim with the Surety Bond.. so i can repair the issues

they screwed them selfs on the title work so i got them by the balls on that one they put my SUV as having 840,000 miles

since it has A CVT and 4 speed launch gears i could be cruising at 65mph at 1300-1400rpm 80mph = 1800 rpm in 4th gear it has a tall ratio of 3.08..
smile.gif

it only runs the CVT if you take your foot off the gas to save fuel to keep the engine at 1,000 RPM (idle speed in motion, normal idle is 600 rpm parked)

also engine RPM does not Equal speed

the Top speed going by engine RPM and gear ratio is 265MPH(obviously impossible due to wind resistance and other limiting factors LOL )

Last edited:
Fishing is slow I guess.

The Tahoe doesn't have a CVT.
If brakes are failing 1 in every ten attempts then that vehicle would have been wrecked already.

What year is this supposed Tahoe?

YAABH

Originally Posted by PimTac
Fishing is slow I guess.

If brakes are failing 1 in every ten attempts then that vehicle would have been wrecked already.

YAABH

Yes this Tahoe has a CVT

GM 2ML70 CVT+4 Speed automatic

only the electrical regeneration braking system works on the rear wheels...

carefully planned driving had made it unnoticeable tell more resonantly when I noticed i was stopping in the middle of the street more and more often you know the light is green but you are close by and it changes yellow then red
i'm stopped in the middle of the street....as the SUV nose dives..

I never had a issue with my old Wbody car that baby stopped on a dime.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

It braked SO hard it was like a car crash every time (even made my friend hit the dash because he did not want to put on his seat belt) he put his seatbelt on every time after that
lol.gif

you had to be feather light with it otherwise you will stop very Fast

Yes the SUV nose dives in the front when the brake is applied (Yes i know about the weight transfer thing) It's easy to tell when the rear brakes are working as the SUV does not NOSE dive in the front and you can feel the superior stopping power in the rear of the SUV... because of friction and dynamic braking.

STOPPING power is necessary in the REAR as you can tow 6,000 pounds with this SUV

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tahoe_hybrid
since it has A CVT and 4 speed launch gears i could be cruising at 65mph at 1300-1400rpm 80mph = 1800 rpm in 4th gear it has a tall ratio of 3.08..
smile.gif

it only runs the CVT if you take your foot off the gas to save fuel to keep the engine at 1,000 RPM (idle speed in motion, normal idle is 600 rpm parked)

also engine RPM does not Equal speed

I'm aware how gearing works... my 300 is turning ~1200 at 60 with a 2.62:1 axle. But a Tahoe is a big SUV. Putzing along at 1800-2500rpm to speed isn't going to be a quick process, and liable to get you demolished by a semi on the freeway if you did that here.

But to get back on topic, no don't change your oil early. I drive my vehicles way harder in comparison and they're perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Fishing is slow I guess.

YAABH

They do, same one in Dodge/Chrysler's failed hybrid SUV experiment. It's basically 2 electronic motors (the electronically variable transmission part) and a 4 speed slush box.

Redline? You need to trade that into the dealer ASAP and pray they don't question why.

Everybody knows once you floor a car it's for the junk heap. I'll take that heap off your hands if you're interested in private sale. Due to the abuse the car suffered I offer no more than $500. It's probably going to need a new short block.

Fishing is slow I guess.

YAABH

They do, same one in Dodge/Chrysler's failed hybrid SUV experiment. It's basically 2 electronic motors (the electronically variable transmission part) and a 4 speed slush box.
the Transmission is fine
and Shifts smooth as silk.. even the AFM is smooth a silk
she has 91k miles on it
and Burns No oil.. NO sludge etc

it has plenty of HP and torque to the wheels 379HP -472ft-lb combined output... source:leaked Cadillac Escalade hybrid documents...

0-60 is 6.5 seconds (only 2008-09 models , Not MY2009,2010,2011,2012,2013 ECU governed )

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tahoe_hybrid
Fishing is slow I guess.

YAABH

the Transmission is fine
and Shifts smooth as silk.. even the AFM is smooth a silk
she has 91k miles on it
and Burns No oil.. NO sludge etc

it has plenty of HP and torque to the wheels 379HP -472ft-lb combined output... source:leaked Cadillac Escalade hybrid documents...

0-60 is 6.5 seconds (only 2008-09 models , Not MY2009,2010,2011,2012,2013 ECU governed )

I was calling the Mopar's failed experiments, they only existed for 1 model year before they killed off the Durango and Aspen entirely. I actually really like that generation of Tahoe's.

That 0-60 is significantly better than I thought it'd be, that's actually impressive. Means it probably isn't the slow moving roadblock I thought it'd be, so I take back what I said and like my crow well done

What? This has to be a joke, right?

My cars and usually taken through the revs once or twice every week, sometimes more.

Imagine the oil changes I would be doing.
lol.gif

Not opening your engine up once in a while is only going to hinder it long term. Use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back