Rental review : 2019 Dodge Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by KrisZ
Yeah, lately we can't have any threads without Ws6 proclaiming his love for Mazda.

Why base vehicle purchase on company short term performance, acquisitions or other such things?
Not too long ago Mazda was a big unknown after they broke up with Ford. They are still a small player and may be swallowed up at one point.

Nissan is another similar story. Their stint with Renault didn't exactly do them any favors as far as quality of vehicles goes, yet I don't see anybody criticizing their cars because of that. And their future is questionable again.

I know, someone will came back with "what about warranty?". So how many people were left without warranty by Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep? Any guesses?

I criticize Nissan. Owned a 370z and an infiniti. Problems problems problems. Also yes, mazda may sell out, but their Skyactiv powertrains have proven amazing for now.

Originally Posted by MCompact
I rented a 3.6 Challenger in 2014(IIRC); it had the five(?) speed automatic and it was a bit too slow for my tastes. In 2017 I rented a Charger R/T and I liked it a lot- although Quattro Pete is correct that the ZF 8HP calibration is not as polished as you would find in a BMW. Having said all that, if I was going with a Charger, it would have to be either a Scat Pack or an SRT.

I cant back it with data, but I i firmly believe srt and similar are made using better materials.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by MCompact
I rented a 3.6 Challenger in 2014(IIRC); it had the five(?) speed automatic and it was a bit too slow for my tastes. In 2017 I rented a Charger R/T and I liked it a lot- although Quattro Pete is correct that the ZF 8HP calibration is not as polished as you would find in a BMW. Having said all that, if I was going with a Charger, it would have to be either a Scat Pack or an SRT.

I cant back it with data, but I i firmly believe srt and similar are made using better materials.

I would tend to agree that some parts of the SRT's are simply better than their more pedestrian siblings. They may also receive additional QC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back