Someone explain this part of youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you get notified whenever someone posts a comment to a video? Is it the Subscribe button? Won't that just let me know anytime this person posts a video? Or is it the Save button?

The Subscribe button will subscribe you to their channel.

The Bell Icon will alert you to new video uploads from that person.

I don't think you can just track the comments.

Originally Posted by atikovi
So if you leave a comment or question, you have no way of knowing if anyone made a reply?

You will see it under the notifications icon on YouTube's website, but I don't believe you will be notified via email.

EDIT: Actually, I just went into my Youtube settings, and i see an option there to be notified if someone replies to your comment, but I can't make out if that is communicated via email. Have you tried it?

It just says, Get notified of every new video. Nothing about comments. Oh well. Seems pretty primitive to not include a basic function like that when every other social site has it.

This is what I'm seeing:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If you post a comment under a video and someone "replies" to you, you'll be notified. At a minimum, you'll only see this notification when you go to YouTube. You can enable the option to be emailed when this occurs too.

It just says, Get notified of every new video. Nothing about comments. Oh well. Seems pretty primitive to not include a basic function like that when every other social site has it.

I'm not sure you understand this..... What circumstance do you want to be notified each time someone posts a comment to a video ?

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
What circumstance do you want to be notified each time someone posts a comment to a video ?

Heated internet arguments.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
This is what I'm seeing:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

OK I got it now. Have all those checked but looks like the email address I have listed is one I may only visit a couple times a year.

Originally Posted by eljefino
Originally Posted by hallstevenson
What circumstance do you want to be notified each time someone posts a comment to a video ?

Heated internet arguments.
lol.gif

You must have me confused with someone else.

OK I got it now. Have all those checked but looks like the email address I have listed is one I may only visit a couple times a year.

None of those options will allow you to go to a video and 'mark' it in some way that you are notified every time someone posts a comment.

Than again, I'm not sure what "Activity on other channels" will do. That seems rather wide open. Looks like that's checked by default (it is checked on my account and I've never changed any of those settings) and I don't get endless, endless notifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back