NapaGold 1348 c&p, 7+yr.OPE fci.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Topic 1348 installed last week April 2012 on Kohler 19hp engine, filter oriented vertical thread end up. Oil and filter change last week. Oil changed at least once, April 2016. Perhaps one other time between initial and 2016 that I forgot to record, or not. Fully expected to find at least some wavy pleats, which wouldn't have bothered me. Wouldn't have been completely shocked to find something more. As can be seen, with exception of oil to media came out looking much as I expect it did when installed. No wicking of media for pics, exactly how it came out. Silicone adbv still very pliable. All in all boring, which is good.

No hours meter on my mower, however for those interested in more info takes just about an hour to cut yard, average once a week. Season runs from late Feb. through Nov. Suffice to say it seen significant hours over the 7+ years. Replaced with another 1348 and some QSUD 10w30 I got on AAP closeout for ~$2.50/qt. Obtain the NG for
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Goes to show that oil filters can last a long time while on the engine. Good C&P Sayjac.

I wonder how much the Kohler engine's oil pump pressure/flow was? Couldn't be close to a car engine I would think. Excellent looking filter.

I asked once at a mower repair shop how often to change the filter and he said never. I didn't follow his advice but after looking inside my used filters they didn't look used.

A couple more pics. As expected media fine. I don't know about never changing filter, however based on this anecdote I think changing every time likely not necessary/needed. Now if one is using mower commercially, might be a different story. The mower is 10+ years old now, and still has original plug and air filter. Not broke, no reason to fix.

I wouldn't compare ope to vehicle use, however in the latter ime the NG/Wix good for ~7500 oci/fci.

Everyone is welcome for c&p.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back