Meguiars Hyper Dressing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered a gallon of this. Will make it simple for both cars. I never gave this stuff much thought but I should have. I'm done with the idea that you can "protect" plastic to the degree many of these products claim. With that said, spray and go is what I'm after. 83% positive review rating on Amazon.

Like that ad for hot sauce says, I put that shet on everything.

Tires
[Linked Image from fototime.com]

Engine

Bedliner

Interior

The only problem being that it's water based is that it doesn't last long on the exterior if you get much rain.

Nice! You are right but you know I thought more about it and none of these products last as long as they claim so I went with "easy". Plus you can change the ratios so that is a big plus.

To me, this product is a waste of my time and money. From their own description, https://bit.ly/2MrKAoV , all it does is purely cosmetic.

I like 303 much better because it not only makes the surface looks good...it protects!

Ed

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Hmmm, I'm interested I may have to try it.

It's a great product. Gets very good reviews on Autopia and AutoGeek.

I use 303 as well but under the engine Hyper Dressing is easier. Less wiping and settles better.

303 does have better UV protection though.

Originally Posted by Ed_Flecko
To me, this product is a waste of my time and money. From their own description, https://bit.ly/2MrKAoV , all it does is purely cosmetic.

I like 303 much better because it not only makes the surface looks good...it protects!

Ed

Dressings offer very little protection. Most of the UV protection stems from the "sheen" which deflects UV rays.

Originally Posted by Ed_Flecko

Ed

Ditto. 303 is proven and also can be buffed to a neutral and non-slick sheen.

I'll let you know how it compares to 303. I've been using 303 in the engine bay for the last several years. It does the job.

I've also used Sonus Motorkote, which is specifically designed to handle the higher temps of an engine bay, something 303 and Hyper Dressing don't do all that well. None of these products last that long in my experience under the hood. I also don't think any of them "protect" as well as they claim. It therefore comes down to ease of application and desired look.

Sonus Motorkote

I like M40 for general plastic/rubber/vinyl work. Does the Hyperdressing offer anything other than economy compared to M40?

Originally Posted by buck91
I like M40 for general plastic/rubber/vinyl work. Does the Hyperdressing offer anything other than economy compared to M40?

The M40 is a good product. Hyper Dressing's claim to fame is it's versatility, and ease of application. You can also dilute it. Being it is water based, which is both a positive and a negative depending on how you look at it (washing off in some ways is good as it doesn't stain rubber tires etc.).

Hyper Dressing lays to a perfect finish in the engine bay. Requires no buffing at all. You spray it on a dry or wet engine and walk away. Done.

I've ordered a small bottle of Polish Angel Engine. This stuff goes on amazingly well. I tested some last night on the exterior trim and we ended up getting rain last night. No water spots. It smells incredible and leaves a beautiful matte finish. A little goes a looong way with this stuff. It has oils in it that protect the rubber and plastic surfaces. It's expensive and overkill for most cars, including my own, but I wanted to try it.

As of now the top engine bay products I feel are:

Meguiars Hyper Dressing
303 Aerospace
Sonus Motorkote
Polish Angel Engine

….in no particular order.

I'm going to have to try that. I just finished cleaning and detailing all 3 of my vehicles. (They had not been touched since before we started our move, and they all needed attention both inside and out). I had a can of aerosol Armor All Outlast Tire Dressing that was almost full. I started to apply it, and the spray nozzle just quit. I'm sick of this happening to aerosol car care products, and as a result I'm done with them.

From now on if it's not a pump spray or pour out, I'm not buying it. That stuff was expensive, and it P.O.'d me to have to toss it. So I ended up finishing the tires with regular Armor All Protectant. (Not the best, but better than nothing). The Meguiar's "Hyper Dressing" looks to perform well. Not too dull, and not too shiny. My new Toyota has more interior plastic than a recycling center.

Originally Posted by billt460
I'm going to have to try that. I just finished cleaning and detailing all 3 of my vehicles. (They had not been touched since before we started our move, and they all needed attention both inside and out). I had a can of aerosol Armor All Outlast Tire Dressing that was almost full. I started to apply it, and the spray nozzle just quit. I'm sick of this happening to aerosol car care products, and as a result I'm done with them.

From now on if it's not a pump spray or pour out, I'm not buying it. That stuff was expensive, and it P.O.'d me to have to toss it. So I ended up finishing the tires with regular Armor All Protectant. (Not the best, but better than nothing). The Meguiar's "Hyper Dressing" looks to perform well. Not too dull, and not too shiny. My new Toyota has more interior plastic than a recycling center.

Hyper Dressing is quite remarkable in it's applicability. Probably the best of any product. You dilute it depending on the level of gloss you want. OEM look is more like 4:1. It spray it liberally to the entire engine and walk away. That's what is so great about it. Based on what you're telling me that is what I think I would go with. I have a gallon of it. It can go a long way.

Originally Posted by PimTac
You must have a garage filled with partially used bottles of assorted stuff.

LOL I'm not one to keep stashes. Mainly because I'm always trying something new, although with my last car (Mazda 3) I only used Mobil 1. Right now I'm just playing around with engine detailing and body detailing products for simplicity and ease of use. I've narrowed it down to the below (Polish Angel Engine was not necessary but I ordered it before placing the order for the Hyper).

[Linked Image]

Obsessed Garage Results using HD. He posted the final pics on his Instagram account. Looks incredible.

Buster, knowing the reputation of your truck, shouldn't you be using something more close to this vintage:
lol.gif

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Originally Posted by doitmyself
Buster, knowing the reputation of your truck, shouldn't you be using something more close to this vintage:

Send that link to caprice_2nv; that's just what he needs!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back