The 10mm socket

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was working on my car with a friend today and was trying to find where I put my 10mm socket.

I told my friend I should put it on a keychain so I never lose it again.

"Then you'll lose your keys..."
crackmeup2.gif

Ha - That reminds me of when I lost two 12mm sockets back in the late 1980s while working on my '79 VW Scirocco.

When I replaced the engine in the late 90s (15 years later) I found the sockets stuck on the exhaust manifold bolts, back up behind the engine, under the intake manifold.

Yeah - have more various 10mm sockets, drivers, and wrenches than any other size - one six point long handle combo I found on eBay - used but in good shape

Still have the same 10mm sockets (standard and deep) that I've had for 20+ years.

I am missing a screwdriver, though; first tool I've lost in 20+ years. It's freaking me out a bit. Perhaps I've lost my mind.

Check under the seat of your truck. I sold my truck and when i deep cleaned under the seat I found my 10mm deep socket and a key fob. Both had been missing at least 5 years.

" I found my 10 in my Bren Ten"

I haven't lost my 10mm but they do tend to split on me. I have a cracked one with a hose clamp on it.

Sorry! that was a 13mm now that I think about it.

So I went back to using my 1/4" drive for these and keep them in my
"motorcycle" tool bag. haven't lost too many

I wish I lost my 10mm socket. Can't seem to lose it. Instead I lost my Knipex cobra pliers. Practically new too. I think I buried them in the front yard when replacing a water line.

I wish all sockets sets came with two 10mm instead of one 9mm and one 10mm

I've never come across a 9mm bolt in 40 years of mechanic work!

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by oldhp
10mm is the new 1/2".................

That would be 13mm if I recall.

He meant "most common bolt head size on a vehicle"

Years ago an uncle sneered at me during one of these conversations and said, "12.5".

A neighbor was an aircraft mechanic and I can still hear him saying, "Half-inch, 9 at the most". It's on his tombstone.

Around here every size metric socket in existence is used including 3mm
But that's military standardization, it's metric so it's better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back