diesel injector cleaning/service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I did search...and came up empty handed...

Isn't there a member on here who specializes in cleaning and servicing injectors? My neighbor is looking for someone, and I wanted to point him in the right direction.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
PM Trav or visit his website HERE

That site says, gasoline engines. OP asked about diesel. Maybe a place like https://thedieselstore.com/injector-testing-services

True but Trav knows things. Like REALLY knows things.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
What is the application? Some injectors have such as the old indirect injection Navistar engines can be purchased new for so little that cleaning is not worth it.

I don't do diesel injectors but the place to get them serviced is Boston Fuel Injector, good guys and they do nice work, they do everything from small to large marine units inc pumps. As CJWinWA said depending on the make and model some of the diesel injectors are low in price, always check the price of new or OE remans first.

http://bostonfuelinjection.com/

Trav,

It is a small Kubota engine in a CUT tractor (two cylinder I think)...narrowed it down to the HPFP or the injectors...I am just acting as a consultant and guiding his trouble shooting right now...not actually seen it.
I will pass-on the contact info. for Boston Fuel Injector...THANK YOU!

Originally Posted by Trav
Some Kubota injectors are cheaper than cleaning especially the small engine ones. One example..

Kubota Injector

I have replaced the nozzles on a VW TDI in my past...it was quite easy. What do you think about just dis-assembling what we can and sticking the parts in my heated ultra sonic cleaner with solvent for a few days?

With this type of injector I would just let them sit in undiluted simple green overnight and ultrasonic them for 30 min. Make sure there no aluminum sealing rings as long immersion times can damage the aluminum. There are much stronger chemicals that work faster but are not for use at home without some sort of ventilation system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back