New container for Quaker state fully synthetic oil Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Line dont help , the new durability fully synthetic 10w30 brown or gold in color a 5 qt container in Walmart ,why the color change from the color green, is it the same oil or chemically changed

oil quaker   new bottle color.JPG

Gold bottle: Previous design

Green bottle: New design

Difference: I believe the Green bottle was released around the same time as the API SN+ reformulation. VOAs can be found on this board. It's a great product, don't hesitate to purchase. Unless you don't like the color green, I guess.

Because of the speed of development of new engine oil standards and related chemical developments the formula changes all the time. If you change your oil once a year, there is a high likely hood you have had a different formula in each change. This is good, you want supplier that is taking advantage in the latest lubrication improvmnts. This is why I am no longer brand loyal. Much of the time I use supertech now. Besides I drive old beaters, so the latest does not apply to my engine, which mostly always outlast the car anyway.

Gold is the previous bottle...apparently SOPUS went to all green bottles for QS products and all yellow bottles for Pennzoil products (with the label being the differentiator). The only reason that I can figure is to save money.....I liked the different color bottles for each product because it made them easier to find on the store shelf.

They are trying to differetiate themselves on the shelf, which is why most oils are different colors except generics that try and mimmick name brands.

Originally Posted by pbm
Gold is the previous bottle...apparently SOPUS went to all green bottles for QS products and all yellow bottles for Pennzoil products (with the label being the differentiator). The only reason that I can figure is to save money.....I liked the different color bottles for each product because it made them easier to find on the store shelf.

To create a brand identity.

The real question is why in the world did they ever get awat from the clear bottle, because as we know some fools are returning oil bottles back filled with water or used oil. That was best packaging ever...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by nascarnation
Personally packaging isn't a factor in what oil I purchase, but to me that's a lousy looking bottle color-wise.

Yeah, I haven't seen that color since my kids were in diapers....‚

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Here is the new bottle but in Advanced Durability. Shot taken this May.

Where on earth are they charging 27.97 for Quaker state? That's really high.

Originally Posted by NavyVet88

That might be $CAN.

Originally Posted by NavyVet88

Regular price in Canada, it goes on sale regularly for ~$16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back