Pinstripes Not Popular on Pickup Trucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear mine is the only truck in town with a pinstripe. Have seen a couple newer GM trucks with pinstripe but not one other Ford or Dodge with any. I think a pinstripe lends a finished look to certain vehicles, but I might simply be old school with that.

I've yet to see another F150 with this pinstripe.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have a 98 Ford ranger with pinstripes and i think it looks much better than rangers without.

Normally I say no, but they are growing on me. Plus it adds to the look,

Think it depends on the color too...

I think in the old days they didn't have all of the body lines they have today. Needed pinstripes to break up the broad flat surfaces. Now the panels have enough "character" on their own.

Ripped the old school Frontier a new one but we like pinstripes... go figure.

That would have come off before I took delivery as well as any dealer stickers.

Remember when it was all the rage to get those graphics applied to the sides of new trucks?
sick.gif

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by AZjeff

That would have come off before I took delivery as well as any dealer stickers.

Dealer emblem yes (already gone), stripe and tail gate lettering, nope lol. That is what made it appeal to me on the lot among others w/ same trim level and equipment. Maybe one reason I liked it on this particular truck is the lack of chrome i.e. the general mono chromatic theme, plus the squared off boxy design lines of the Ford F-series (which also attracted me).

Remember when it was all the rage to get those graphics applied to the sides of new trucks?

My dad had some graphics on his 1993 Toyota pickup.

[Linked Image]

*This isn't his, but it looks just like it.

That looks really O.K.

. Up here the "slimey" dealers add them and then charge for them on an add-a-tag along with other unwanted garbage.

So, hating the dealer would be the reason I would pull them - Otherwise it looks good on your truck.

But, How is it breaking in and how is it running?

I Almost go a F150 W/T with the smaller turbo V6 last winter.

Last edited:
Nice SR5 4x4 there, even if an example pic.

In the late 80's around where I grew up, the cool truck to have was a "Toyota four wheel drive..." as everyone called them.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
stripe and tail gate lettering, nope lol. That is what made it appeal to me on the lot among others w/ same trim level and equipment. Maybe one reason I liked it on this particular truck is the lack of chrome i.e. the general mono chromatic theme, plus the squared off boxy design lines of the Ford F-series (which also attracted me).

Seems we have similar likes, black & grey, different brand. I'll still pass on the pinstripes but is there something added on your tailgate?

[Linked Image]

Seems we have similar likes, black & grey, different brand. I'll still pass on the pinstripes but is there something added on your tailgate?

Nice Titan there, love the color
cool.gif

Yep, F-150 is normally not real visible on tail gate as it is stamped as an impression into the metal. But this one they used vinyl inlay same color as pinstripe to highlight it. If I get tired of it can always heat with a blow drier and peel it out. For now I like it.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back