Quiet tire for 2018 Civic Hatchback

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the car is noisy to begin with, the stock Conti's it came with are roaring pretty good at just under 35K miles.

I'm looking for a smooth riding quieter tire to at least dampen some of the roar that is invading the cabin now.

I'm look at the Michelin Premier and also the Bridgestone Quiettrack which looks intriguing Tire size is 215/50/17. The stock Conti's have an H rating which I can get in the Premiers. According to Tirerack, the Quiettracks are rated 95V with an XL load range. Not knowing too much about these designations, is that a tire that would work on a car as light as the Civic?

My commute is 100 miles a day r/t 99% highway so the quietest tire I can get is paramount.

I have Michelin Defenders on my 2010 Civic sedan and they are a lot quieter than the stock Goodyears. The Premier's should be even better, although will wear quicker than the Defenders.

My 2017 Civic hatch came with Hankook tires and honestly I'm really happy with those. I'm at 40K on them and only down to 5/32". Music really help with all the noises lol

Bridgestone QuietTrack. Quiet is in the name, so please buy a set and post a review as I'm interested in your opinion. There is more to tire noise than just the tread pattern.
XL tires will work fine, if anything, they will give you a little more steering response.

The Premier's are great, but they won't last much longer than 30-40K. With that said, they are still my top choice.

I switched to Michelin Defenders a couple of weeks ago on my 19 Corolla hatch. Went from 225 45R18's to 205 55R16's.
Much quieter and smoother ride. Not as sure footed as the stock but worth it.

So far the michelin premier wins quietest tire I've owned award.

It's also the best in the wet.

It will not be the longest lasting....

UD

It's rare the an OEM tire is a decent tire, the Continental ContiProContact TX, are no exception.

Also consider Continental PureContact LS

The Quiettrack sounds promising in terms of being quiet.

If you can take smaller wheels/tires, you may want to consider smaller wheels with more of a sidewall.They will probably be quieter
smile.gif

Will you be using separate winter tires?

We just replaced the oem continentals on my son's '18 civic sport. They were a loud tire, on a wheel that is too big (I think the tires are a 40 series?), a bad combo for noise. We replaced with bridgestone potenzas, which are marginally, but not tremendously, quieter. In his low-profile size, noise is going to be a thing.

All tires get louder as they age and harden.

Thanks for the options guys...I've had the Premiers before on my Accord and I recall them being very quiet. Replaced them with Conti's and hated the ride.

I'm leaning toward the Michelin's due to my track record with them...

I'm hoping the wear issue will be minimized due to the amount of highway miles I do.

Any ideas on when rebates usually run? I think Michelin does them a couple times a year and one ended in July.....hate to get them this late in August and have something start Sept 1 lol

I've had three sets of Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring tires. The quietest, longest lasting, best riding tires I've bought.

Had a set of Michelin Defenders on one vehicle, prior to the ComforTreds. Not even close. Michelin should be embarassed of these rubbish tires that they put out.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
general rt43.

That is my vote too. I am somewhat local (probably north of you? Lake Sunapee region, but I commute down to Manchester) and only get about 40k from tires. That's been true of Michelin, General, Conti. All I can say is, keep 'em rotated. Maybe do a cross rotation too, try to minimize feathering which will cause noise.

After talking to the shop I will be using, he agreed with a bunch of you. I'll be getting a set of the RT43's put on in the morning. Only diff is V rated vs the H that are on there now

Price saves me about 300 vs the Michelins and the ratings seem very close. Tire Rack speaks pretty favorably for whatever that's worth

Originally Posted by Blue_Goose
Replaced them with Conti's and hated the ride.

I have the RT43s on a 2012 Camry and like them just fine. Keep in mind Conti owns General tire. Conti tires are considered a premium brand compared to General fyi.

I discovered that earlier today. While I have some reservations about Contis I'm willing to try the RT43's based on the positive chatter about them.

The shop told me not to compare my OEM Contis to a better Conti tire. He said basically the same thing about them being a step up from the RT43s. A little more $$

I'm hoping the Rt43's Live up to their positive feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back