Best retail product for convenience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit unusual in that I care more about the engine and interior being clean rather than the exterior paint on the body of a vehicle. With that said what off the shelf product would you use if ease of use and time constraints were you main focus? I was thinking of just going with Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic and calling it a day.

On your brand new truck, any product will work because the paint likely isn't in need of polishing at this point. If you can keep it waxed regularly and stay away from those automatic washes then you'll be golden.

But if I had to pick some basic items:

- Meguiars Car Wash soap
- Microfiber washing mitt
- Mother's Claybar Kit (or Meguiars)
- Pick any wax/topper

(The Clarbar kit will be a once/twice a year thing so that you keep contamination off the paint, making it feel silky smooth)

Originally Posted by buster
I'm a bit unusual in that I care more about the engine and interior being clean rather than the exterior paint on the body of a vehicle. With that said what off the shelf product would you use if ease of use and time constraints were you main focus? I was thinking of just going with Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic and calling it a day.

I recommend Bead Maker (a spray on, wipe off sealant). It's easy to use, doesn't cost that much (Amazon $12.50 a pint), and gives great gloss and slickness.

Originally Posted by Reddy45
On your brand new truck, any product will work because the paint likely isn't in need of polishing at this point. If you can keep it waxed regularly and stay away from those automatic washes then you'll be golden.

But if I had to pick some basic items:

- Meguiars Car Wash soap
- Microfiber washing mitt
- Mother's Claybar Kit (or Meguiars)
- Pick any wax/topper

(The Clarbar kit will be a once/twice a year thing so that you keep contamination off the paint, making it feel silky smooth)

I agree. Thanks!

Sonax Spray and Seal is a great product that is super easy. Just spray on and hose off. A quick buff with a microfiber and you're done. It can be used on everything exterior so no worries about trim turning white or glass residue.

Another option is the wax as you dry method. Spray wax applied while the vehicle is wet. Then dry with a microfiber and a quick buff.

Thanks! What are thoughts on the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic? Seems to be a good value and relatively durable.

Check out ultima waterless wash+ concentrate or optimum no rinse & wax concentrate, plenty of others. For the price of about two of the meguars bottles one concentrate bottle can make dozens spray bottles for quick detailing or can also be used as waterless wash.

Originally Posted by Slick17601
Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax is really easy to use and has decent longevity.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This! readily available at walmart. Just spray on, smear around for full coverage and wipe off with a dry microfiber.

easy breezy and last like a paste wax. I claybar, polish and put on a few layers of hard wax once a year before winter.

Thanks! What are thoughts on the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic? Seems to be a good value and relatively durable.

It's good, but I think the Turtle Wax ICE Shine & Seal is superior.

Originally Posted by Skippy722

It's good, but I think the Turtle Wax ICE Shine & Seal is superior.

I'll take a look at it. Thanks

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
Yeah I'm leery of anything "Ceramic" lately. seems to be the buzzword but does not show the performance promise unless applied by a professional location. It is expensive and I'm assuming the prep work is labor intensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suay2Fak6C4&vl=en

Stick with traditional wax products that are tried and true.

From what I've been reading, the only thing ceramics give you are quick and easy application. I have not read about any yet that last any longer than conventional waxes/sealants...

Originally Posted by grampi
[From what I've been reading, the only thing ceramics give you are quick and easy application. I have not read about any yet that last any longer than conventional waxes/sealants...

I've had TWS&S on my wife's truck for a little over a month as an extender. The beading is still fierce, and the shine is terrific.

I think TW has a winner here.

Originally Posted by wkcars
Check out ultima waterless wash+ concentrate or optimum no rinse & wax concentrate, plenty of others. For the price of about two of the meguars bottles one concentrate bottle can make dozens spray bottles for quick detailing or can also be used as waterless wash.

I picked up the Ultima waterless wash and have bought a few containers of it. Kind of a must have for me. I always keep a bottle of it in the trunk for stuff that gets on the paint. Good cleaner and has some kind of sealant in it. I like trying new products but keep coming back to this. Has many uses including cleaning the interior. Looks like the price has come down a little bit. It used be $20.99 for the longest time.

https://www.autogeek.net/ultima-waterless-wash-concentrate.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking for something like the TWS&S and Ultima waterless wash. Oddly enough I care more about keeping the engine clean than the body LOL. It's a truck and will get dirty. So will the Subaru.....looking for quick, simple and effective.

I also use the Ultima WW as a drying aid after a traditional wash and recently used it to get a nasty spot (chocolate probably) off the headliner of my mom's car. The spot came out very easily. For a drying aid the towel easily glides over the surface. Without using it the towel grabs the surface more. The most used item in the arsenal.

11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back