Shell Gas Truck oil...Im giving it a try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today it gets poured into the crank...Im going to send out virgin oil and used samples to BlackStone...

[Linked Image]

I noticed in the interview posted by this website it originally started out at 5 quarts for 39 dollars but its now 21 dollars at Walmart and there is a 10 dollar rebate out there...

If there is a knock on truck and gas it is starting tbn, it looks more like a conventional oil as far as starting tbn, but that filter is one of the best filters made, likely you can run it for two oci's with that truck and gas. I like truck and gas, great moly, just doesn't appear to be a long interval oil when the tbn starts at 7. Unless you are all freeway miles, I wouldn't be going past 7500 miles. If it were me, maybe I would set the oci at 5k miles and leave the filter on for 2 oci's.

Regarding the TBN, mine went from 6.7 (per Subies voa) to 2.7 in my uoa after 5k miles in my ‘18 EB 3.5. At which point I changed it. I'm not qualified to comment on projected longevity past 5k of this oil though.

Last edited:
I will be changing at 4500 miles and sending it to Blackstone. The two oils Im evaluating are this oil...because its a thick 5W30 and my truck shears oil like crazy...and Amsoil 5W30 Signature Series.

Amsoil will get you a longer oci, so it would be do you want to, A. run one oil to 10k miles, or B. run a lesser tbn oil and change it every 5k miles, = same cost if not truck and gas cheaper even x2. Either strategy sounds good, whatever your pleasure. If you don't like changing your oil or sometimes go past interval, Amsoil would be a better move. If you like chnaging oil and want clean oil every 5k miles, t&g way to go.

Amsoils posted price 13 bucks a qrt
Truck and Gas 4 bucks a qrt 5 liter.

Last edited:
Check is in the mail box !!💵💵💵
Submitted on Aug 4th arrived today
15 day turn around

F64481EE-4533-4987-AF96-7B6051673CCC.jpeg

Originally Posted by Navi
I will be changing at 4500 miles and sending it to Blackstone. The two oils Im evaluating are this oil...because its a thick 5W30 and my truck shears oil like crazy...and Amsoil 5W30 Signature Series.

Surprised by the TBN as well - but in those engines I'd probably run 5k on the queso oil - and the RP filter two runs
(have that filter on the Tahoe now, on it's second OCI)

Maybe with the little boat on the bottle that should direct you to the towing or severe section in owners manual - shorter OCI
wink.gif

Sure, the last oil I saw that seemed oxidized reeked of gasoline, yet was very thick and it was on a port injection V6 - assume his motor dilutes too

Here is Motorcraft Synthetic Blend vs Shell Gas Truck oil. So the CST range for 5W30 is 9.3 to 12. At 100 degrees C the Shell oil is rated 11.8 whereas Motorcraft is 10.8.

I think thicker is better...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back