MK7.5 GTi- Oil and Injector cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by UG_Passat
Originally Posted by TiGeo
2019 R's get this sticker under the hood:

Same as the Atlas. 504 oils are low-SAPS and really designed for fuels in Europe and are rated for long-service intervals. That doesn't match the owner's manual I believe which will still call out 502 oils. That oil is somewhat challenging to even find.

Atlas V6 and 2.0T calls for 0w30 502.00 in the owner's manual

There are 2019 Atlases with the same sticker under the hood as shown in the pic - VW504 and 0W30. The R manual shows (from what I've seen from this discussion elsewhere) 502 5W40 in the manual.

How is 0w30 504.00 the same requirement as 0w30 502.00?

I just answered this above - I was saying that current 2019 Atlases have the same sticker under the hood calling for 504 and 0W30 as the sticker from the R above. Yes, the 2018 Atlases' manuals show 0W30 502 with different underhood stickers (502/504) vs. the new Atlases' manuals doing the 504 only thing with the sticker being discussed.

Originally Posted by edyvw
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
Originally Posted by edyvw
VW: still in business of not knowing what to recommend to customers.

It seems pretty clear to me. I think the poster above is incorrect about 0w30 502, does that even exist? It should be 504. With low sulfur gas everything will be 504 or 508 in the next year or two, especially as new or revised engines come out.

It is not clear. 0W30 VW 502.00 is left over from some Audi materials and actually some Atlas models came with that recommendation.
Also, VW puts one thing in manual and their dealerships are constantly using another thing. There is nothing clear what VW recommends.
OP: Use VW 502.00 or VW 504.00. Forget grade.

This. I'd even simplify it even more..just use a 502 and forget grade..ahhahahah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back