Mobil One Super Synthetic Euro 5W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it's really cheap or something it's just another Euro oil of which we have 20 others to choose from, hopefully it differentiates itself somehow.

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
Unless it's really cheap or something it's just another Euro oil of which we have 20 others to choose from, hopefully it differentiates itself somehow.

It looks like they are aiming at crowd with bit older Euro vehicles requiring heavier Full SAPS oils. That begs question what will happen with 0W40? Though 0W40 does not have BMW LL01.

Originally Posted by Bailes1992
It does not have BMW LL01 approval, it simply states it meets or exceeds it's requirements.

Yes it does, that is correct wording in that list.

ExxonMobil is one of the ethical companies that correctly and accurately lists approvals and recommendations. If that was only a recommendation it would say "According to ExxonMobil, Mobil 1 XW-XX is of the following quality level."

Originally Posted by kschachn
It does not have BMW LL01 approval, it simply states it meets or exceeds it's requirements.

ExxonMobil is one of the ethical companies that correctly and accurately lists approvals and recommendations. If that was only a recommendation it would say "According to ExxonMobil, Mobil 1 XW-XX is of the following quality level."

Specifications and approvals

Mobil Super Synthetic Euro 5W-40 meets or exceeds the requirements of:

BMW Longlife 01
MB-Approval 229.3
MB-Approval 229.5
Porsche A40
VW 502 00
VW 505 00
API SN

Hmm... I'm not buying it. It is becoming more and more obvious that BMW is dropping LL01 and LL04. I don't think they would decide to approve this.

Originally Posted by kschachn

Specifications and approvals

Mobil Super Synthetic Euro 5W-40 meets or exceeds the requirements of:

BMW Longlife 01
MB-Approval 229.3
MB-Approval 229.5
Porsche A40
VW 502 00
VW 505 00
API SN

Hmm... I'm not buying it. It is becoming more and more obvious that BMW is dropping LL01 and LL04. I don't think they would decide to approve this.

Where have you got the info on bmw dropping their approvals? All the BMW approved oils is in the Mobil Super series nowdays.

Originally Posted by Bjornviken

Where have you got the info on bmw dropping their approvals? All the BMW approved oils is in the Mobil Super series nowdays.

Just the sheer amount of oils no longer carrying LL01/LL04.

I use a lot of Fuchs Titan 5w40 GT1 XTL, I was down to 5 litres so ordered another 10 as it's a great universal PCMO. The 10 litres turned up missing LL04 so I contacted Fuchs who explained the approval had expired but the formulation had not changed.

Castrol 0w30 Dexos2... Same story. Castrol has confirmed that the approval has expired and will not be renewed but the formulation is the same.

Then theres M1 0w40 FS, Castrol 0w40 A3/B4 and LL01 etc etc

I just get the feeling BMW is going for their new low HTHS "FE" oils and dumping LL01/LL04.

Castrols formulation is not the same. The 0w-30 Dexos 2 is not the same as the old one and, Castrol edge 5w-30M carry the Bmw LL04 wich is a newer oli than the 0w-30 dexos 2.

But i have notice the bmw approvals have been removed from multiple oils. Just dont really believe that bmw have dumped the LL01 or LL04 before its really gone from all oils.

For what it's worth, I messaged ExxonMobil via their website and they emailed me back that the product is Longlife-01 approved along with the rest in that list. It makes sense since the MB ones are worded properly as an approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back