So many oil changes, so little time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Red91
Don't feed the trolls, I repeat, DONT FEED THE TROLLS!

Feed him some more Amsoil ( he thinks he's slick ). 🤣🤣

Guess I'm good to go. My Schaeffers cost around the same price as Amsoil, more actually if you get the Amsoil membership prices. Woo. Oh and those Redliners out there are better than both of us!

Originally Posted by cwhard

The following is one of the stupidest comments I have read lately:

Makes perfect (non)sense to me...

What's stupid (and makes no sense to me) is that you think Pennz Ultra Platinum is an "inferior" oil in any measurable way.

Well "totaly basic" is better than no test and selecting products on the manufacturers hype only IMHO. I hope projectfarm is the one laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Scamsoil trolls out in strength lately, huh?

Troll, yes. Scam,no. Agreed that the marketing is over the top but SS oil in MY opinion is the best pcmo out there.

Originally Posted by madeej11

Troll, yes. Scam,no. Agreed that the marketing is over the top but SS oil in MY opinion is the best pcmo out there.

Best in which way? Factory approvals? Race team use? In what measurable way is Amsoil "better" than anything?

Thank you for the comic relief, gennulmen.
grin2.gif

It only gets the MO not the TUL. I think you might be able to get M1 for half as much. Only the Motul 300V series of fluids can slap everyone around.

Best in which way? Factory approvals? Race team use? In what measurable way is Amsoil "better" than anything?

Haven't you seen the charts showing it outperforms everything? LOL

Regular/consistent OCI > This or that brand of oil. We all have our favourites there's no doubt, are some better than others? Yes, but it depends on what your application is. Guy in my area traded in his Corolla with a 1 million km's on it. Did he ever come to BITOG? [censored] no. He had his own driving school and maintained regular intervals for the oil changes through the dealership/stealership.

I see this site as an equivalent to the House of Wisdom that resided in Baghdad up until the Mongol Invasion. We all have our our oil, we all have our filters. Let's keep it fun. I think Amsoil is fine for those wishing for extended drain intervals, but for someone like me who changes oil every 5,000km? Forget it, not worth the membership and cost. Only product I'd consider is their diff fluid, but that too, I change every 15,000km/3 years. For those of you interested in reading and learning about something new, I have left the links below.

Corolla Article: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glo...en-to-999999-kilometres/article23831205/

What is/was the House of Wisdom In Baghdad: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Wisdom

Last edited:

Why scrutinize? I repeat, opinion only. If I had declared emphatically it was in fact the best oil then I would be obliged to list my reasons. Nuff said.

I always love it when people say "nuff said". Such a dismissive declaration.

But back to your statement. Sure, you said it was your opinion but surely you had some objective reasoning to come to that conclusion, so what was it? You didn't pull your opinion out of thin air, did you?

Originally Posted by kschachn

But back to your statement. Sure, you said it was your opinion but surely you had some objective reasoning to come to that conclusion, so what was it? You didn't pull your opinion out of thin air, did you?

Why do I prefer Lee brand jeans over Levi's or Wrangler? Or perhaps I need to list denim weight, quality or which dye is being used c'mon. I've noticed that you always pop your head up whenever Amsoil is mentioned and it's certainly not to commend them.
Yes I know, approvals, certs whatever are not there. Then again maybe your beloved Castrol 0w40 passes minimally. Lord knows it's like pulling teeth to get any info at all. What are they hiding? Put my trust in Castrol? Not with their reputation I won't. At least the lab Amsoil uses, Southwest Research, is pretty well beyond reproach.

House of wisdom recommended against xW20 in favor of a higher hths oil ... This is based on archeological evidence! However they did not favor or recommend any brand of oil since they were concerned about another war.

At least the lab Amsoil uses, Southwest Research, is pretty well beyond reproach.

I called SWRI years ago for confirmation of this, I heard a chuckle with "no comment". All their 'tests' with affidavits are signed by AMSOIL employees and notarized by a local notary at a local address. Nobody pays attention to this though. So much for a mystery lab, let alone SWRI

Why do I prefer Lee brand jeans over Levi's or Wrangler? Or perhaps I need to list denim weight, quality or which dye is being used c'mon. I've noticed that you always pop your head up whenever Amsoil is mentioned and it's certainly not to commend them.
Yes I know, approvals, certs whatever are not there. Then again maybe your beloved Castrol 0w40 passes minimally. Lord knows it's like pulling teeth to get any info at all. What are they hiding? Put my trust in Castrol? Not with their reputation I won't. At least the lab Amsoil uses, Southwest Research, is pretty well beyond reproach.

He's always spoiling for a fight. It's ok for him to offer up subjective opinion when it suits him👇, but all else (like you) need to qualify their opinions with objective reasoning. (an "opinion" qualified by objective evidence... wouldn't it then be "fact" and not "opinion"??🤔)

Pretty rich in my "opinion"......‚

I have completely given up on both OEM and aftermarket rubber wipers, all my cars now have PIAA Super Silicone wipers. Some are over two years old and none are chattering or streaking. No, I don't work for them or sell them but they have worked great for me so far.

Last edited:
Sure, compare wiper blades to motor oil as being equal for an opinion-based recommendation. What industry standards are there for wiper blades that can be used to compare quality like motor oils?

Since neither you nor Mad_Hatter have provided any objective reasoning for your opinions then I guess I and everyone else in this thread have the answer, which is the same one as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back