Newly Acquired '16 Ford Fiesta SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Have fun with that car!

My Favourite rental tiny car. Great Steering. I enjoy how the trans doesn't sap power from small engines like a planetary/converter trans would The ST w/ the turbo must be killer. Complaint I would like a bit less knee intrusion from the center stack but I'm 250 6'-1".
I had a Mazda two and this trounces it - I assume same basic ford/mazda platform. Ford tuning was better.

In this segment The Spark is awful and I didn't like the First gen Chevy Cruze. at all either.

Enjoy!

Glad to hear it. Thank you for all your replies.
It's a relief to see that my car seems to be a lot less problematic than in some of their earlier year Fiestas..

Originally Posted by parshisa
powershift is dry DCT, no fluid to change

Its a dry clutch, there is still fluid in the gearbox, that is actually one of the major issues. The input shaft seal leaks and gets fluid on the dry clutch.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
I bought a 2 owner '16 Ford Fiesta.

You're owner #3 on a 3 year old car. That tells all.

What does it tell?

The 1st owner drove it 10k miles and traded it for something bigger because she was a big woman and had trouble getting in and out of it.
The second owner drove it 47k miles and bought an AWD Subaru because she acquired a new property with a very steep, sand driveway that the Fiesta had trouble getting up.

he big woman never test droveT it??? More likely, the 1st owner, after taking it to the dealer every 2 month for transmission problems, saw the writing on the wall and dumped it. The 2nd owner, same story.ew Few ncar buyers unload a car after just one year and few buyers unload 1 year old used cars after just one year either unless there are problems with the car.
I have to disagree with you , every major dealer here is loaded with one and two year old cars and they can't all be problem cars.

Congrats.

Unfortunately a high risk factor of a poorly engineered transmission that Ford bubbled gummed together in later years. Ford should have scrapped the transmission design. Hope it works out!

The 100k transmission warranty is joke and shows that Ford does not have any confidence it will make a more normal design life of 150k unfortunately.

Last edited:
Nice ride. You do know that plastic motor oil jugs/containers are 100% recyclable right? Just fully drain them into your car or another container and put them in your recycling bin. There is no reason plastic jugs should ever go to the landfill.

Originally Posted by Razorsharpe
Nice ride. You do know that plastic motor oil jugs/containers are 100% recyclable right? Just fully drain them into your car or another container and put them in your recycling bin. There is no reason plastic jugs should ever go to the landfill.

Thanks. China is not taking recyclables from us any more, and it's created a crisis. I guess it's in response to the ongoing trade war with the USA.
I will research it before I decide which oil I'm going to run. If not for the jug issue I'd probably go with Super Tech dino or full synthetic.

My city does't accept as much plastic items as they used to. It's now going to the landfill : kitty litter jugs, and various other plastics are not being accepted any more. Most people wouldn't think 2x about buying oil in a jug and assuming it will get recycled but there's more to it than that these days.

How American recycling is changing now that China wont take it.

Any (even the smallest amount) oil still in the jug will contaminate the entire lot of recycled plastic. Never place an empty plastic oil jug in any plastic recycle bin.

Originally Posted by JimPghPA
Any (even the smallest amount) oil still in the jug will contaminate the entire lot of recycled plastic. Never place an empty plastic oil jug in any plastic recycle bin.

Sounds odd, arent the plastic bottles technically also made of oil?

Anyway, back to topic

My ladys 2012 Fiesta usually likes whatever you throw at it. Its seen everything from 10w40 to 5w20, synthetic to hm to conventional, and whatever filter.

Right now its running a Federal Mogul Champion filter and Schaeffers 5w20, last fill was QSUD 5w30 and a Fram Orange can, before that was GTX 10w40 and a Purolator Classic. Next will probably be a white champ and delo xle 400 10w30.

Use what makes you sleep better at night

Have fun with that car!

The ST w/ the turbo must be killer.

YES, they are!!
thumbsup2.gif
19.gif
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Have fun with that car!

The ST w/ the turbo must be killer.

YES, they are!!
thumbsup2.gif
19.gif
grin2.gif

Everything Ford bolts an Ecoboost engine into
Is a blast to drive !!!💪ðŸ¼ðŸ’ªðŸ¼ðŸ’ªðŸ¼ðŸ‡ºðŸ‡¸

Anyway, back to topic

My ladys 2012 Fiesta usually likes whatever you throw at it. Its seen everything from 10w40 to 5w20, synthetic to hm to conventional, and whatever filter.

Right now its running a Federal Mogul Champion filter and Schaeffers 5w20, last fill was QSUD 5w30 and a Fram Orange can, before that was GTX 10w40 and a Purolator Classic. Next will probably be a white champ and delo xle 400 10w30.

Interesting. I haven't used 10w40 in decades. I used to run it in the Summertime in some of my cars in the 80s and/or 90s.

Anyway, back to topic

Interesting. I haven't used 10w40 in decades. I used to run it in the Summertime in some of my cars in the 80s and/or 90s.

Was on clearance at NAPA awhile back (5 years maybe?) when I found it. API SM, 10 quarts for 0.80$/QT. Didnt hurt a thing using it. Also I live in Central Texas so it's either hot or hotter here most of the year.

I bought a 2 owner '16 Ford Fiesta.

You're owner #3 on a 3 year old car. That tells all.

What does it tell?

The 1st owner drove it 10k miles and traded it for something bigger because she was a big woman and had trouble getting in and out of it.
The second owner drove it 47k miles and bought an AWD Subaru because she acquired a new property with a very steep, sand driveway that the Fiesta had trouble getting up.

The big woman never test drove it??? More likely, the 1st owner, after taking it to the dealer every 2 month for transmission problems, saw the writing on the wall and dumped it. The 2nd owner, same story. Few new car buyers unload a car after just one year and few buyers unload 1 year old used cars after just one year either unless there are problems with the car.

Well heck, Arkie, aren't you a breath of fresh air! Looks like another model car for you to buy and do a cheap fix on then try and sell.

Hey, OP. Hope everything works out well for you and it may be plus that you have the extra warranty but who really knows. Sure not Arkie who likes to put people down or make snide remarks..perhaps he can find the service records to back up his most likely service every two months!!!!

I think I've determined which oil and filters I'm going to use in my '16 Fiesta : NAPA syn blend 5w20 and Motorcraft FL910s filter or a Federated auto parts PG241F. NAPA has a sale on it right now for just $11.50 per 5 quart jug + tax. My Ford Fiesta owners manual suggests a 5w20 syn blend. I was thinking of Motorcraft syn blend 5w20 for about $8.50 more, until I saw the NAPA sale. I guess I'll buy 2 of these and keep an eye on sales here on BITOG for future stash.
This Napa oil is supposed to be made by Valvoline so that's good enough for me.

I'm backing out of the Havoline. I'm sure it would run great in my car but someone mentioned that's it's thin oil and that's always been the feeling I got from looking at Havoline bottles in stores, which is why I always shied away from it. My 6 qt box of Havoline 5w20 sounds like a box full of water when I shake it, to be honest. It's good that it comes in a bag in a box bc of the current recycling crisis but I have a feeling this crisis will be resolved in the not too distant future.

Napa oil is great oil. I liked it in my van. No problems as I am considering making it my go to oil after this run of Havoline ProDs 5w20.

I think I've determined which oil and filters I'm going to use in my '16 Fiesta : NAPA syn blend 5w20 and Motorcraft FL910s filter or a Federated auto parts PG241F. NAPA has a sale on it right now for just $11.50 per 5 quart jug + tax. My Ford Fiesta owners manual suggests a 5w20 syn blend. I was thinking of Motorcraft syn blend 5w20 for about $8.50 more, until I saw the NAPA sale. I guess I'll buy 2 of these and keep an eye on sales here on BITOG for future stash.
This Napa oil is supposed to be made by Valvoline so that's good enough for me.

I'm backing out of the Havoline. I'm sure it would run great in my car but someone mentioned that's it's thin oil and that's always been the feeling I got from looking at Havoline bottles in stores, which is why I always shied away from it. My 6 qt box of Havoline 5w20 sounds like a box full of water when I shake it, to be honest. It's good that it comes in a bag in a box bc of the current recycling crisis but I have a feeling this crisis will be resolved in the not too distant future.

Mr. Luke: I have 2 MC FL 910S filters I dont need. PM me if interested
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Mr. Luke: I have 2 MC FL 910S filters I dont need. PM me if interested
smile.gif

PM sent.
smile.gif

I also have done well with Fram PH series oil filters and I plan to get some more.

My Fiesta takes a Fram PH3614 which are 2 for $7 with free shipping on Amazon Prime.

I really like my fiesta as well although it is a stick. Comfortable seats, padded surfaces where you need it

Believe it or not, the radio is better than the standard one in the bmw that I had.

You're only driving 3-4 k per around town so enjoy and chuckle at the people next to your in vehicles costing three times as much and burning three times the fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back