Detailed Engine using Infinity Wax Rubber Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reviews of this product are very positive, with extreme durability and ease of application. The chemist worked for Shell and now sells his product line out of the U.K. He told me "It can provide up to 2 months protection to rubber and plastic and is extremely hydrophobic keeping them cleaner for longer." What I like about this for the engine bay is it's an actual wax and not water based. It's very hydrophobic which is what you want in an engine bay.

Here are the results using foam brushes and applicators:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's a polymer wax of some sort. I don't quite know. It's fantastic on all things rubber and plastic, inside and out. I love it. Smells great. A little goes a long way.

My friend is a distributor.

https://www.auto-bella.com/

As I mentioned, the chemist formerly worked for Shell. He's based out of the U.K. This stuff is absolutely fantastic. If you google reviews you'll find some good testing of it from detailers. Any rubber or plastic. At first I was skeptical of using it in the engine due to applying it. But if you use foam applicators it's so easy. It's also a wax and not water based so I feel the durability will be good and so far based on what I read it's very durable.

I applied 303 to a rear bumper and interior door panel of my Mazda. The next day it rained and it streaked. 303 is a very overrated product IMO. It works decent for engine bay but there really is nothing special about it.

This Infinity Rubber Wax is a bit of a unique product. Do you plan on putting it on your tires?

It will be interesting to hear what kind of life you get out of it.

Originally Posted by PimTac
This Infinity Rubber Wax is a bit of a unique product. Do you plan on putting it on your tires?

It will be interesting to hear what kind of life you get out of it.

I do yeah. There is no buffing required. Apply it and it cures in 15 minutes.

A few reviews on tires showed it exceeded expectations in durability.

I'm trying to narrow down what I'm going to use. I don't like having a lot of products at one time (even oil I never have a stash). I want something for plastics/rubber/engine and a good wax/sealant. Nothing more.

That's a good way to look at products. The reality is so many detail products are all the same stuff with different labels. A product like this can be used in many ways. This stuff should be great on tires with no slingoff.

Regarding the 303, I thought I had read somewhere that they changed the formulation? It may or may not be the same stuff it used to be.

The linked site says it is Si02 wax, which doesn't seem to make any sense. Maybe just marketing buzz.

It seems to be out of stock in many places. Does the "Buster" discount code help us any, LOL????

I just asked my friend if there is a direct link off his site bc I don't see the product. I'll let you know in a few. He does carry it though.

This product is for all plastics/rubber. I asked them about what they would recommend for the engine bay and he said the Infinity Rubber Wax. The look they go for is OEM and not a glossy/dressing type look, which is what I wanted. I prefer how an engine looks new from the factory. That is what was appealing about Sonus Motorkote as it was the only acrylic wax based dressing on the market. The others are just good at making the engine look good. They don't have the hydrophobic ability of Rubber Wax.

Originally Posted by doitmyself
The linked site says it is Si02 wax, which doesn't seem to make any sense. Maybe just marketing buzz.

It seems to be out of stock in many places. Does the "Buster" discount code help us any, LOL????

It's not marketing buzz. It's the latest in car car though the term wax is likely being applied loosely as it is in many products these days.

Originally Posted by TomYoung
303 is by far a better product than this in my experience.

I couldn't' disagree more. Have you used Infinity Rubber Wax?

This is what happens when you use 303 on the door and it rains the day after.

[Linked Image]

I would wonder how that rubber wax would apply cleanly to those switches? In that situation I would want something in solution. The chance of getting product in between the buttons is something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back