Great time at Pirates game

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, yesterday I took a day off to take parents or mom and stepdad to Pirates game. Pitching duel to say least and by golly Pirates pulled game out of their rear end. Never saw so many cocky and arrogant Cubs fans in my life. Some were nice, most were just loud, obnoxious and jerks. All in all it was a great game and the mom and stepdad enjoyed it
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
So, yesterday I took a day off to take parents or mom and stepdad to Pirates game. Pitching duel to say least and by golly Pirates pulled game out of their rear end. Never saw so many cocky and arrogant Cubs fans in my life. Some were nice, most were just loud, obnoxious and jerks. All in all it was a great game and the mom and stepdad enjoyed it
smile.gif

Oh, I thought you were referring to Steeler and Penguin fans. Just kidding, man. Are you old enough to have attended a game at Forbes Field? Over 450 feet to left center. Crazy big outfield. I miss the old ballparks, and I loved watching Clemente play on visits to Connie Mack Stadium.

Was at my optometrist's office today where he had a photo history of the Pittsburgh Pirates ballparks. Forbes Field was 1909 to June 28, 1970; Three Rivers was July 16, 1970 to demolition on February 11, 2001, and PNC Park was opened on March 31, 2001. Was only in Forbes Field once that I remember, and that was when the street cars were still running out through Homestead. I was surprised to see how long it's been since PNC Park opened.

NormanBuntz: no I am almost 40 so I didnt get to see Forbes Field.

I went to many games the 1st year PNC PARK was open. No wonder its rated one of the best ballparks in the league

......Some were nice, most were just loud, obnoxious and jerks.

2 places that always seem to bring out the worst in people...... Airports and ballparks.

Originally Posted by billt460

2 places that always seem to bring out the worst in people...... Airports and ballparks.

Very true. Lots of Cubs fans at hotel; most were very nice

billt460: DRIVING (and car stuff in general) also brings out the worst in some people. Ever see a fender bender go ugly?

Brother wed in Nashville in 2006 and we drove home through Pittsburgh. We so want to see a game there.

The sportscasters routinely praise that stadium.

Pittsburgh funny: They put French Fries on sandwiches (obviously an accommodation to young, calorie burning students) but when the waitress said, "We're the only ones who do it", we laughed aloud.

Originally Posted by billt460

Very true. Lots of Cubs fans at hotel; most were very nice
You weren't with the Cubs fans at the bar, that's where the fun stuff happens! My bar & restaurant customers here in Cincy LOVE when the Cubs are in town !!
grin2.gif

Some useless trivia in regards to the French fries on the sandwiches -- that was started by a restaurant called Primanti Brothers on Smallman Street in the Strip district. They opened around midnight for the overnight truck drivers who were delivering produce to the warehouses across the street. Sandwiches were served on paper with fries and coleslaw piled on the fresh bread. The restaurant became popular with the theatrical arts and college crowd as the Strip District became the late night place to go.

Originally Posted by SkipsterPA
Some useless trivia in regards to the French fries on the sandwiches -- that was started by a restaurant called Primanti Brothers on Smallman Street in the Strip district. They opened around midnight for the overnight truck drivers who were delivering produce to the warehouses across the street. Sandwiches were served on paper with fries and coleslaw piled on the fresh bread. The restaurant became popular with the theatrical arts and college crowd as the Strip District became the late night place to go.

Yeah, I have been to the original Primanti Brothers.

There is one now also at the Airport area now also

I like Pittsburgh airport. It seemed like walking through a shopping mall when I was there. I've heard about Primanti Brothers, sounds like great sandwiches. Good call on skipping the beer at the game.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
I like Pittsburgh airport. It seemed like walking through a shopping mall when I was there. I've heard about Primanti Brothers, sounds like great sandwiches. Good call on skipping the beer at the game.

Yeah, its a fun town to explore especially the strip district

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back