UOA question(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a kit from Blackstone a few days ago and I have two questions..

1) Do I need to take a sample during an oil change after the vehicle is at temp? It seems this is the best way so there will be lower chances of cold "dilution" of contaminates.

2) I ran a can of sea foam through the gas tank about three fill ups ago and was wondering if there was a chance that the sea foam would contaminate or throw off my analysis results? I've only put about 1200 miles on this OCI of Castrol Edge 5w30 and have treated it as a severe service due to wanting to clean out the crank case a bit and over half of those 1200 miles are highway. To my knowledge, only Dino 5w20 has been in this truck from prior owners.

2002 Ford Ranger 3.0L 68k

Originally Posted by NavyVet88
Originally Posted by Imp4
Just follow Blackstone's recommendations here.

Thank you. Do you think using the sea foam like I did would hinder results?

Seafoam three tanks ago, I doubt it. I've used B12 and Techron a week apart, then went one tankful of gas with no additives and did an oil change and drew a sample. There was nothing out of the ordinary in UOAs from two different vehicles doing the exact same thing.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Just tell them you used it, explain you used it in fuel.

Will do

I echo the other comments above.

Ahhhhhh .... the old venerable Vulcan in a Ranger. Take care of that truck; it should last a lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back