Our new Impreza Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sold a 2009 CRV that was beat to [censored] to CarMax. Was offered a good deal. Decided on the Impreza Sport. We got the Subaru Friends and Family discount. This car has a modern interior LOL.

I love the interior build quality of Subarus.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Well those radio and climate controls look awful similar to the frontiers ,so lets bash the ancient subie interior..LOL (nice ride ) congradulations.

Last edited:
Love it, great choice. I like the stitching on the dash. Hard to go wrong with a Subaru. Had my Forester for 11 yrs.

good luck with the CVT, it has a long warranty on it to sell them. thin paint as sister had her roof on her 18 repainted, so be sure to clean bird poop asap + wash gently!! ditto in the wheels, OE replacement prolly 5 bills + keep an eye on the oil level!! another thing, be sure to turn stop-start off every time you drive, at least you can unlike others!

Last edited:
Thank you.

The only concern I have is the tires. We live about 15-20 minutes outside of Philly on the NJ side. Our winters are moderate, but I don't know if those tires will handle snow all that well. It doesn't look like it. I don't want her getting a false sense of security because it's Subaru AWD.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Great color and dig the red stitching inside.

I second that. Great combination. Car is beautiful.

My Imp had 'high mileage' tires. Absolute crap, even in *rain*!

Please buy a set of wheels and snow tires for her safety. I really like Michelin X-Ices, which wear slower than Blizzaks.

Why didn't you get the Crosstrek Buster? 3 1/2 more inches clearance. Nice vehicle. I love our XV. Wait to see how it is in the snow before you ditch the tires. What tires does it have on? I think you will be amazed how the tires do in the snow. These tires are very similar to my 18 Foresters. I started an up hill run on the slope (30+ degrees) from standing still and didn't even need XDrive

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Al
Why didn't you get the Crosstrek Buster? 3 1/2 more inches clearance. Nice vehicle. I love our XV. Wait to see how it is in the snow before you ditch the tires. What tires does it have on? I think you will be amazed how the tires do in the snow. These tires are very similar to my 18 Foresters. I started an up hill run on the slope (30+ degrees) from standing still and didn't even need XDrive

[Linked Image]

She wanted the car. This is for her (although I'll be driving it and taking care of it). I would have gone for the Crosstrek.

Thank you.

I'm pretty out of touch with what technology cars come with these days. This car has a mode that "gently" tugs the steering wheel when you're drifting a bit. There are some things that are interesting, some I have no desire for at all.

Originally Posted by buster
Thank you.

I'm pretty out of touch with what technology cars come with these days. This car has a mode that "gently" tugs the steering wheel when you're drifting a bit. There are some things that are interesting, some I have no desire for at all.

Although I don't feel like I need the keep safe systems like that and the one that alerts you if you start to change lanes when there's another vehicle in the lane by you, as a motorcyclist I do want those systems in cars and trucks that will essentially keep me safer on the bike by helping drivers not lane change right into me. That was a long sentence.

P.S. The Subaru Eyesight system is continuously ranked as one of the best systems of all the active assist systems out there.

Originally Posted by Al

I believe I had the same Yokos on my 2014 XV Crosstrek. I had no issues in the winter with those, but they were standard 17"s . What came from the factory on my 2012 Legacy and 2016 Forester were horrible in the snow.

Buster, I don't know how bad the winter driving gets for you, but I can almost guarantee those low profile tires are going to be terrible in winter conditions, even with AWD. Even basic Firestone winterforce snows will turn a Subaru into a tank for the winter.

Last edited:
Love the car! Congrats!

banana2.gif

I think it's pretty easy to disable whatever Eyesight feature that you don't want to use. If you don't want to switchover to winters, a Grand Touring A/S with the 3PMSF symbol might be a good option.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back