Time for some new wiper blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking the whole thing including frame. Pretty icy/snowy here in winter with a few surprise summer thunderstorm rain deluges. The best for winter is what I need, tough enough to clear snow and run over ice without self destructing and soft enough to actually clear the water when it thaws many times over every winter. Surprisingly the OE blades have performed well but I haven't a clue who builds them and there are many different OE suppliers online. Any preferences?

I use OEM, but then again I have a wall of Motorcraft wiper blades 10 feet from where I am standing so it is more out of convenience than anything.

Trico Ultra or Titan. If you find them too expensive, the Trico Flex/Trico Tech is also a good wiper at a good price
smile.gif

I have not been happy with the Bosch icon on my truck. I just got a set of the PIAA super silicone to try out, so far they are OK but only had them a week
smile.gif

I'm with you on the OEM wiper blades.

Until just recently I've always bought wiper blades for my Subaru from the dealership. Until I learned that Subaru uses Denso Designer as their OEM wiper blades. Now I just buy Denso Designer on Amazon. Great wiper blades. I've always been very happy with their performance. No squeaking, chattering, streaking, jumping. Just smooth, spotless performance.

For my SL550 I use Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades. Once again, selected because, I believe, they are OEM for my car. They appear identical to the OEM wiper blades they replaced, except instead of the Mercedes tristar, they say Bosch on the end caps. These also perform very well, but they do chatter a little on the inside end. I suspect it has to do with the length of these wiper blades, and the way Mercedes designed the sweep angle, more than it does the quality of the wiper blades.

If you prefer beam style for the harsh snow and ice conditions of Wyoming, I would recommend the Bosch. But the Denso Designer has always performed well for me. I could recommend either one for winter conditions.

Soak 'em in some 303 overnight and see if that helps their longevity.

I am a fan also of the Rain-X Latitude, mainly due to getting them cheap(like, $5/ea.) But, my second choice is anything beam style.

Went ahead and ordered what is supposed to be OEM.
Item Name: AeroTwin Front Windshield Wiper Blades PAIR
Part Brand: BOSCH
OEM Numbers: 8V1 955 425 / 8V1 955 426 / 5G1 998 002 / 5G1 998 002 A
Quantity Unit: Set
Length 1 [mm]: 650
Length 2 [mm]: 450
Driver Position: For left-hand drive vehicles

My last set of blades I bought was last year and they are Bosch. When blades last close to years around here I consider the blades to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back