Are Kia's Hard to Find Parts For?

Check out a Hyundai Kona. My son just bought one and it is a great car at a great price with a 100,000 mile warranty. I have owned Hyundais and Kia and have found them to be the best most trouble free cars that I have ever owned.

Originally Posted by Silverado12
Originally Posted by parimento1
I was looking into buying a Kia and I was curious if it is hard to find parts for those cars outside of the dealership?

I would avoid. There are better cars out there for not a lot more after all is said and done. Kia/Hyundai are bottom of the line.

Keep telling yourself that.

101k miles in my Sonata and how much have I spent in repairs? Less than $200 on 1 repair, a CV boot with a tiny tear.

+1 They are not bad cars at all and far from bottom of the line. Some models are very well built and will give the best Japanese a run for their money.

Do any of you guys have any experience with the Chevy Spark, in terms of reliability, etc?

Which Spark?
The EV version is an excellent value and has great features and performance.

If you get a base gasoline spark without options, manual transmission, etc it's extremely reliable in most years.

Get a cvt with higher trim options and you will be disappointed.

This trend is no different than the old Cobalt, base trim 5mt were rock solid, higher trims were garbage.

The Mirage actually is much more reliable than a normal higher trim spark, with cheaper parts and easier maintenance
and gets better fuel economy and would be my
"Stripper car" recommendation if I were looking for a new economy box.
Mirage actually leads its segment in sales, crash rating and reliability.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showt...c-crash-in-Nelson-N-Z-Video-amp-pictures

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Rmay635703
Do any of you guys have any experience with the Chevy Spark, in terms of reliability, etc?

Which Spark?
The EV version is an excellent value and has great features and performance.

If you get a base gasoline spark without options, manual transmission, etc it's extremely reliable in most years.

Get a cvt with higher trim options and you will be disappointed.

This trend is no different than the old Cobalt, base trim 5mt were rock solid, higher trims were garbage.

The Mirage actually is much more reliable than a normal higher trim spark, with cheaper parts and easier maintenance
and gets better fuel economy and would be my
"Stripper car" recommendation if I were looking for a new economy box.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showt...c-crash-in-Nelson-N-Z-Video-amp-pictures

Yes, I was looking at an LT1 trim with CVT

Yes, I was looking at an LT1 trim with CVT

Yeah, I can't speak for newer Spark CVTs but if you won't drive the stick you won't want to keep the car much out of the warranty period

https://chevysparkforum.com/topic/4362-does-anyone-like-the-cvt/

The Spark EV on the other hand is a joy to drive and immensely reliable, it's usually cheaper than the gas one too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by parimento1.

Basically I need a small city car, since I live in NYC.

Also, I felt the Kia was the best of the bunch, because it has a traditional 6-speed auto, not a CVT like the others. CVTs have a bad rep, and I feel I should avoid those.

How well does the front end hold up on your Kia on those NYC streets? A friend had a Accent and it constantly needs front end work. I am in the Brooklyn area a lot [near the Bridgeview Diner] and I feel like I am off roading half of the time.

Originally Posted by Tahoe4Life

Also, I felt the Kia was the best of the bunch, because it has a traditional 6-speed auto, not a CVT like the others. CVTs have a bad rep, and I feel I should avoid those.

How well does the front end hold up on your Kia on those NYC streets? A friend had a Accent and it constantly needs front end work. I am in the Brooklyn area a lot [near the Bridgeview Diner] and I feel like I am off roading half of the time.

Haha I have spent many a night at that diner! I went to the Kia dealer today and they had no Rios to test drive. There weren't even any on the showroom floor to see. I will take a look at the Mirage soon. I had the Spark as a rental and it was really a pretty bad car.

Originally Posted by Tahoe4Life

Haha I have spent many a night at that diner! I went to the Kia dealer today and they had no Rios to test drive. There weren't even any on the showroom floor to see. I will take a look at the Mirage soon. I had the Spark as a rental and it was really a pretty bad car.

Fellow Brooklynites hello!

Bridgeview is a quality diner, but it's no Brennan & Carr
39.gif
lol.gif

I had a rental '19 Elantra when my Camry was in the body shop and I thought it took the bumps rather well

I'll be posting a rental review soon

I was looking into buying a Kia and I was curious if it is hard to find parts for those cars outside of the dealership?

I would avoid. There are better cars out there for not a lot more after all is said and done. Kia/Hyundai are bottom of the line.

Trolling, again? Smh

Originally Posted by Propflux01
Ive never had an issue getting parts for any of my Hyundai's, past or present.

By the time it's out of warranty there are/will be PLENTY of aftermarket and OE parts suppliers.

No way parts suppliers are going to ignore the millions of Kia/Hyundai's on the road... that's leaving money on the table....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by spasm3

You say that in almost every Hyundai/Kia thread.

Of all the Gm/ Ford cars i have owned. The elantra has been the most trouble free so far. I loved the cutlass cieras for simplicity and ease of maintenance, but the elantra has been better.

That hoary old claim "There are better cars out there" is the standard response from Internet cars snobs everywhere.. Everyone on the web is a dental floss empire heir with unlimited amounts of money.

Last edited:
My daughter had a 2004 Kia Rio that was a POS that I was always working on. She bought it with 98,000 miles on it with a recently rebuilt transmission and finally blew the motor at 130,000 miles. I was glad to see it go.

I'm not saying they are all bad but that one left me with a less than favorable impression on Kia vehicles.

Originally Posted by wtd
My daughter had a 2004 Kia Rio that was a POS that I was always working on. She bought it with 98,000 miles on it with a recently rebuilt transmission and finally blew the motor at 130,000 miles. I was glad to see it go.

I'm not saying they are all bad but that one left me with a less than favorable impression on Kia vehicles.

Yeah, I think that was before Kia was bought by Hyundai. I think the Kia cars use Hyundai underpinnings and powertrains

What I found when I owned my 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe years ago was, normal wear parts like pads, rotors, wheel bearings, filters, etc. were all available anywhere. Things like ignition coils, brake hardware (springs, rubber bits, etc) were all trips to a dealer parts counter.

Originally Posted by JTK
What I found when I owned my 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe years ago was, normal wear parts like pads, rotors, wheel bearings, filters, etc. were all available anywhere. Things like ignition coils, brake hardware (springs, rubber bits, etc) were all trips to a dealer parts counter.

@JTK--- Any idea about alternators, radiator, shocks, belts, fuel pumps, a/c components, etc.? Like if you ever had to replace any of those items, did you have an issue?

I will go to NAPA this week and ask them out of those 3 cars (spark, mirage, and rio), which car they stock the most parts for.

Originally Posted by JTK

@JTK--- Any idea about alternators, radiator, shocks, belts, fuel pumps, a/c components, etc.? Like if you ever had to replace any of those items, did you have an issue?

I will go to NAPA this week and ask them out of those 3 cars (spark, mirage, and rio), which car they stock the most parts for.

Hard to say. It's been like 7yrs since I owned my Hyundai. Check Napa auto parts online for those models you list for an idea on availability.

Originally Posted by JTK

A quick look on rock auto shows those items available for my elantra. The only thing i have done to mine, is a brake job and new struts/shocks.

Last edited:
Back