Rotors for Elantra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready for the Elantra's 100K service, which includes brake job. I need rotors, but cannot get a bite on whats good.Currently I have Akabono ACT's on stock rotors, that were installed at about 20K (long story). I will probably use the Akabonos again, unless something better is recommended.

What I need:

Something quiet., very durable, something that wont warp the first time I brake hard, and foremost, quality.

What I don't need:

Racing brakes, racing rotors, exotic carbon this or that, and prefer non drilled/slotted.

Any recommendations (I did do a search, but seemed I could only get results from about 2012 on back.) ?

Wagner's coated rotors are good stuff
smile.gif

There is nothing wrong with staying with Akebono pads. They are good pads that don't dust. Perfect for a daily driver. If you want something that costs less, consider the Raybestos ELement3 EHT pads. They are a good price and fairly popular on here.

Originally Posted by Propflux01
Getting ready for the Elantra's 100K service, which includes brake job. I need rotors, but cannot get a bite on whats good.Currently I have Akabono ACT's on stock rotors, that were installed at about 20K (long story). I will probably use the Akabonos again, unless something better is recommended.

What I need:

Something quiet., very durable, something that wont warp the first time I brake hard, and foremost, quality.

What I don't need:

Racing brakes, racing rotors, exotic carbon this or that, and prefer non drilled/slotted.

Any recommendations (I did do a search, but seemed I could only get results from about 2012 on back.) ?

I'd recommend OEM pads, it is hard to get it right and sell the car without complains. Rotors as long as it is blank and cast right it is ok, I'd buy local and just in case it is not good I can bring back to exchange.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

There is nothing wrong with staying with Akebono pads. They are good pads that don't dust. Perfect for a daily driver. If you want something that costs less, consider the Raybestos ELement3 EHT pads. They are a good price and fairly popular on here.

+1 for Wagner coated. Especially in the rust (salt) belt.

I have Wagner, coated ones and so far so good.

Got Raybest coated ones too, no complains either - they were cheaper than wagner though.

The original stock pad is already quite good and durable so far for my previous Veloster and current Elantra Sport. So I bought the Korean OEM brand Sangsin ceramic pad for my Veloster replacement last time. 100% fit as they are the OEM supplier manufacturer for most Korean brand car.

Just don't but the no brand name rotor from maxbrakes.com. Especially the zinc coated and drilled/slotted ones. SO BAD QC and quality as I have experienced. But I can say their service was good that I requested them to change several rotors during at the front desk pick up last time.

No, I do not plan on skimping on the rotor, I made that mistake many years ago. Just not sure what brand is good, I've heard good about EBC, Wagner, Centric, a few others. Just dint know which to go with

Where's everyone buying thier rotors?

Rockauto or from a local supplier. We use Centric Premium or Akebono Coated rotors. I do not use the Akebono ceramic pads though - too many issues with pad deposits that keep causing comebacks for pulsation.

Originally Posted by The Critic

Rockauto or from a local supplier. We use Centric Premium or Akebono Coated rotors. I do not use the Akebono ceramic pads though - too many issues with pad deposits that keep causing comebacks for pulsation.

No locals around here except The usual auto parts houses, and the markup would exceed shipping.. I have yet to find an Akebono rotor, I have Akebono pads on now and never have had a pulse issue. That is strange, indeed Seems even finding a wagner disc is being difficult, locally.

Hi Petabytes... Where did you purchase the Sangsin pads from?? I see your in Canada also..

Thanks

Originally Posted by Petabytes
The original stock pad is already quite good and durable so far for my previous Veloster and current Elantra Sport. So I bought the Korean OEM brand Sangsin ceramic pad for my Veloster replacement last time. 100% fit as they are the OEM supplier manufacturer for most Korean brand car.

Just don't but the no brand name rotor from maxbrakes.com. Especially the zinc coated and drilled/slotted ones. SO BAD QC and quality as I have experienced. But I can say their service was good that I requested them to change several rotors during at the front desk pick up last time.

Originally Posted by maverickfhs
I have Wagner, coated ones and so far so good.

Got Raybest coated ones too, no complains either - they were cheaper than wagner though.

Which one is better quality? Which is heavier and thicker?

I see Wagner only have 1 type of E-Coated rotors, while the Raybestos have 2 types, the Element3 and the Specialty rotor.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Where's everyone buying thier rotors?

I am assuming you are referring to the Akebono ProActs Ceramic pads? I've used them on all of my family's vehicles but don't have any pulsation problems. Only some occasion it squeaks a little in the morning and that's about it.

I find the ProActs are better than the Posiquiets from Centric ceramic pads.

I am still on the search for the best coated rotors out there.

Originally Posted by Donald
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

+1 for Wagner coated. Especially in the rust (salt) belt.

How long did they lasted for you in the rust belt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back