Heavy Duty Clutch Kit for 2002 Accord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a long job, difficult job for me. My orig. clutch in this car has now gone 145,000. I feel its days nearing an end.

Was looking for options for clutches that are as long lasting, or perhaps a little longer lasting. Something with a little more pressure and solidness than the original would be nice, but not exactly something where I feel like I'm driving a full blown race car either.

Any suggestions? Right now it's me on a goose-chase with so many options I have to take a step back and ask for recommendations.

I'm very leery of local auto parts stores for major parts like a clutch. She feel like they're very expensive and maybe good maybe not the guy at the counter doesn't know.

Clutch has 145K miles. Does it slip? grind? If no then mmmaybe Bleed the clutch slave cylinder. I would replace with a LUK or whatever OEM quality yu can find. A stiff pressure plate can affect the end play of the crankshaft. I love the stock feel of the LUK OEM I put in the Ranger along with a rear mains, fly wheel throw out bearing/slave and MC

If there is no bad chatter, slipping, or grinding going into first or reverse I'd leave it alone. A clutch can outlast the car with the right driver and conditions.

Do your clutch hydraulics have any sort of accumulator that makes it slightly slower to engage? There may be a hack to get rid of that. They put them in at the factory so if you side-step the clutch you might not stall it.

On my camry the LUK was stiffer than the Sachs but both were good-- I wouldn't define good by stiffness alone. The pressure plate fingers and hydraulics, if designed well, have the most mechanical advantage where needed.

I had a 2002 Accord that was randomly low on fluid. (ironically at that same mileage)

Added some DOT3 and never had a problem again.

WHY do you want a heavier clutch pedal for? I doubt you will put another 145K on your Accord.
Stick to OEM which isin't as expensive as you think. Most people don't even bother looking up prices of OEM parts.

Honda doesn't mark them up a crazy amount. $126.46 for the OEM pressure plate, $110.13 for the friction disc, $70 for the release bearing, all Japanese superior quality.
But young guys that own older Hondas rice them up.

https://www.cheaperhondaparts.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back