Kaspersky UUID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who in their right mind would use Russian anti-virus software?
lol.gif

Originally Posted by dishdude
Who in their right mind would use Russian anti-virus software?
lol.gif

That's my thought lol

Same reason I won't buy a TCL tv.

Kaspersky *still* tests well on AV-Comparatives and AV-Test sites. Always in the top 3 or so.

And Vettel has them on his ferrari.

Originally Posted by bobdoo
Kaspersky *still* tests well on AV-Comparatives and AV-Test sites. Always in the top 3 or so.

What about his Volga Siber? Brand new for 2008!

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

Pay more attention to the Shell logo on his Ferrari.
wink.gif
For people who just browse the web, Linux will do the trick without any AV, free or otherwise.

Originally Posted by Garak

wink.gif
For people who just browse the web, Linux will do the trick without any AV, free or otherwise.

W10 is secure as well, IMO antivirus software is nothing but a scam that causes more problems than it solves.

As much as it pains me, yes, Windows has improved. I've always been annoyed by the business model that to use a computer for the most rudimentary things you have to buy more software to make the other software work (i.e. antivirus to safely use a browser, or even a burning program to use a burner). I don't like proprietary software at the best of the times, but I get that it exists. I don't expect to have Autocad preloaded on every desktop for free, but if an OS has a browser built in, said internet experience should be safe without plunking down extra money. I will grant that older versions of Windows were rolled out with little thought to the online experience in the first place, much less security.

Originally Posted by dishdude
Originally Posted by Garak

wink.gif

W10 is secure as well, IMO antivirus software is nothing but a scam that causes more problems than it solves.

I highly disagree. ESET Endpoint and NOD32 block malicious sites for example, this will blow right past windows defender in my experience and testing. I'm not a fan of the "all-in-one" security suites, which tend to be bloated and with a large footprint, but a robust A/V with stack filtering can be extremely beneficial.

Originally Posted by Pew
Common sense is the best AV.
Which, these days will certainly have your machine fully compromised, unless, of course, it is never connected to the Internet. The days of not clicking or opening this or that to prevent an infection are long gone.

Pick one if the top 3 Internet security suites and move on.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Originally Posted by Pew
Common sense is the best AV.
Which, these days will certainly have your machine fully compromised, unless, of course, it is never connected to the Internet. The days of not clicking or opening this or that to prevent an infection are long gone.

Pick one if the top 3 Internet security suites and move on.

Or common sense to not click on every ad or picture you see and download random stuff. Yea an AV program helps but it's not going to stop a user who clicks on every ad or enters in their password whenever they see a login box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back