2003 Buick LeSabre...freon refill still blowing warm air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early 00's GM cars often have bad blend door motors under the dash, and other bad electronic motors. Might be stuck warm.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Early 00's GM cars often have bad blend door motors under the dash, and other bad electronic motors. Might be stuck warm.

Is there an easy way to check that?

Originally Posted by Chris142
What are your high and low side readings as well as ambient temp? Without these it's all a guess.

Can these readings be found by visiting an auto parts store? Otherwise, I have no idea how to measure for those.

Take it to a Valvoline Instant Oil Change location and have them check the pressures and refill if needed.
Auto parts stores wont help you, but they will sell you a can with a worthless gauge for half the price of getting Valvoline to do a proper vac and fill.

Originally Posted by AshleyQuick

Is there an easy way to check that?

I had a truck years ago with a bad blend motor
I was able to remove the glove box and reach in the dash to move the blend arm
Maybe that's an option for you as well

Correct. My 2001 LeSabre has the same issue. I believe there is electronic servo motor that can be reached from under the glove box. In my case, the driver's dash vent will blow warm air and the passenger's is Ice cold. I have yet to fix the issue. Make sure your AC is working first! You don't want to blame a "blend door" without investigating your AC system.

I had a similar problem on a similar car, the actual door inside was completely displaced from its mount.

Agree with the others, a proper diagnosis should have been performed prior to simply assuming it was a case of refrigerant deficiency. Overfilling refrigerant can be detrimental to a system.

Have to make sure the radiator fans work, and you need high and low pressures. Also is the compressor clutch engaging?

How did you determine it needed more refrigerant in the first place? Did it have a leak that you fixed? Did you vacuum the system down afterward? How many ounces of refrigerant did you add and how did you measure the amount you put in?

So I took the car back this morning and he showed me, using a UV light and yellow tinted glasses, that the refrigerant was leaking/splattering. He said I'd need a new climate control hose assembly.

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

If it is a blend door issue, the system probably is over charged now. If someone is not familiar with A/C systems, they usually do more harm than good by assuming the system is low on charge and start putting refridgerant in.
The best answer to this is to have someone qualified look at it and stop guessing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by skyactiv
Take it to a Valvoline Instant Oil Change location and have them check the pressures and refill if needed.
Auto parts stores wont help you, but they will sell you a can with a worthless gauge for half the price of getting Valvoline to do a proper vac and fill.

I wouldn't trust a grease monkey flunky to do touch my A/C. Take it to a shop which specializes in A/C work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back