'16 Honda Pilot, 5,130mi, 0w20 lubricant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by parshisa

Another driver for the change is of course the price. 12$/jug vs 12$/qt is hard to beat

Understood.
I have used Amsoil in the past. But I decided that I just can't do the 25k mile OCI to make it more cost effective. Caused me too much worry
crazy2.gif
, even though it would probably be OK.
smirk.gif

yup. on top of worrying about oil being there for too long car is still under warranty so extending by that much would not be an option

Originally Posted by Danh
Off-topic, but those are truly excellent fuel dilution results for a Honda DI engine.

Your thinking of the 1.5LT. I had almost 1.5 qrts over full of fuel on a 6K interval on that engine ,18 CRV. We just bought a 19 Pilot with the 3.5L DI.

I see that your OCI are really short, why is that? Is your MM going off that soon? I always have gone 7,500 miles on synthetic in my CRV but I'm still running the FF in my '18 Pilot saying 60% oil life. I'm trying to figure out a good point to change the Pilot oil since it's DI.

Originally Posted by ARB1977
Originally Posted by Danh
Off-topic, but those are truly excellent fuel dilution results for a Honda DI engine.

Your thinking of the 1.5LT. I had almost 1.5 qrts over full of fuel on a 6K interval on that engine ,18 CRV. We just bought a 19 Pilot with the 3.5L DI.

No, really any Honda DI engine. My 2.4 K24W routinely has higher fuel dilution levels as is frequently reported here by others. This seems to be a Honda thing with one of its engineering compromises being to accept more fuel dilution to gain something else.

Honda ignored DI for too long, and they're significantly behind the curve in learning how to do it well, IMO.

that's pretty much what MM tells me. not always, but most of the time. I'm back on pennzoil and 5K intervals now. that amsoil was just laying around so I gave it a try. But with the commute this car is seeing (short trips, long idles in texas heat), I wouldn't go past 5k anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back