My car buying seems to never cease

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the last 6 months I have been on a tear buying/selling cars. I guess it is time to rotate the stable
out
1967 GTX (bye I will miss you)
2012 Hyundai Genesis (for sale now)
2015 Hyundai Genesis (for sale now)
2016 F150 (On permanent loan to my dad)

In (seems to be a theme)
2020 Porsche Cayenne (on order)
2016 Porsche Cayman (pick up Thursday)
1994 Porsche 968
1987 Porsche 951 (probably on the block soon)

I will say after driving a pickup truck almost exclusively for 20 + years I am totally digging getting back into the sports car mode. I had forgotten that it can be fun to drive
smile.gif

We went with the Cayenne over the BMW X5 because of the dealers in my area. We went to 3 different ones and none of them seemed interested in ordering a car the way we wanted it. It seemed is all they wanted to do was black or white exterior and black or tan interior. Shame. Of course with Porsche we certainly payed for the privilege of ordering what we wanted, but this should be a long term keeper.
Cayenne in Biscay Blue (not mine) color looks better in person
[Linked Image]

Cayman GTS in GT silver metallic
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
That's odd about the BMW dealers. A major selling point for our center was that we could order an X3, X4, X5, or X6 to your exact specs and you would get it in 2-3 weeks, tops.

Originally Posted by MCompact
That's odd about the BMW dealers. A major selling point for our center was that we could order an X3, X4, X5, or X6 to your exact specs and you would get it in 2-3 weeks, tops.

It really frustrated us. We liked the x5 a lot. I going to be honest my wife is very picky and wanted a non standard interior and wanted all her options exact. In addition she has a hard time with sales speak. So for sure we probably turned off a salesman or 2. Biggest problem is none of the dealers could show us interiors that were not black or tan. The samples were either non existent or for different years. We refused to look at colors on the internet because they never look the same as real life.

We got a patient Porsche salesman who actually found a car with the interior we wanted at a different dealer so we could go and look. I thought that was good sending us to a different dealer and possibly having them make a better offer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Congrats! Any links to the Hyundais for sale?

I'll put up some links when I create the FS ad. The 2012 has over 115k and is not in the best shape, my son is not a car guy and he lives in Denver now.
The 2015 is in good shape, some issues with curb scraping on the front air dam and paint issues because the love bugs this year were terrible and I did not get them off in time. It has 67k and been well cared for otherwise. It's a genesis 5.0 black with tan leather interior, most of the options besides the heads up display. Probably would take 15k for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back