VIRGIN MAHLE OC614 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse my "not being Stude" photos. Hes a pro at this, I'm not, lol

These can be had for 3.XX$ on RockAuto, they are for newer Hemi engines.

Not bad for an Indonesian built filter, sturdy built, pre lubed gasket (wiped it off for the sake of this post)

Anyway, Enjoy!

Nice even pleats. Theres an extra? metal piece holding the spring in the dome end to align with the center of the dome.

20190817_015431.jpg

20190817_015446.jpg

20190817_015505.jpg

20190817_015838.jpg

20190817_015856.jpg

20190817_015900.jpg

20190817_015947.jpg

More pictures. You can see in the dome end where the metal cap? for the spring goes. ALSO, I'm not a fan of louvers, and I usually avoid filters with them (although I have been using 95 cent closeout Federal Champion filters on the lady's car, but that's because they were affordable and have a good rep here) so it's nice to see big holes throughout the center tube. Nitrile ADBV is no big deal to me, I'm not scared of them as the MOPAR OEM filters are nitrile.

I have a few more of these filters on hand, theyll be ran for 7.5K/6 Months/OLM whichever comes first.

Excuse my lighting, I keep my filters on my bookshelf in the bedroom, I use Edison bulbs in the house as I cannot stand LED ultra bright white lights anywhere but the garage.

If youre wondering why they stay in my bedroom, well they make pretty good bookends in the box LOL, enjoy.

Edit: found the invoice, I paid 3.19$ each for these. They've been ranging in the 3.80-4.00$ range @ RockAuto lately.

20190817_015952.jpg

20190817_020150.jpg

20190817_020202.jpg

20190817_015959.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
More pictures. You can see in the dome end where the metal cap? for the spring goes. ALSO, I'm not a fan of louvers, and I usually avoid filters with them (although I have been using 95 cent closeout Federal Champion filters on the lady's car, but that's because they were affordable and have a good rep here) so it's nice to see big holes throughout the center tube. Nitrile ADBV is no big deal to me, I'm not scared of them as the MOPAR OEM filters are nitrile.

I have a few more of these filters on hand, theyll be ran for 7.5K/6 Months/OLM whichever comes first.

Excuse my lighting, I keep my filters on my bookshelf in the bedroom, I use Edison bulbs in the house as I cannot stand LED ultra bright white lights anywhere but the garage.

If youre wondering why they stay in my bedroom, well they make pretty good bookends in the box LOL, enjoy.

Edit: found the invoice, I paid 3.19$ each for these. They've been ranging in the 3.80-4.00$ range @ RockAuto lately.

LOL! your pics are crisper and clearer than mine
smile.gif

Thanks for great c&p
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

smile.gif

Thanks for great c&p
smile.gif

Plus, his thumbs didn't block as much of the filter as yours do
lol.gif
BTW I have another box of RK Eco/PG filters in various 3/4" & 20mm sizes to send your way. Have to see if I can have someone ship them since I'll be in Seattle this week
frown.gif

Thanks for the pics. I've used a Mahle on my Civic. They are well constructed filters.

I've switched over to Fram Ultras. If I wasn't using the Ultra, then Mahle would be one of my go to filters.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo

smile.gif

Thanks for great c&p
smile.gif

lol.gif
BTW I have another box of RK Eco/PG filters in various 3/4" & 20mm sizes to send your way. Have to see if I can have someone ship them since I'll be in Seattle this week
frown.gif

Your lucky you weren't at the Pirates/Cubs game last night. Talking like that; Cubs whack off fans wouldn't put up with that
wink.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo

smile.gif

Thanks for great c&p
smile.gif

lol.gif
frown.gif

I use my hands and hold the filters to the side. I call it El Tigre. Oh holding the canister is Blue Steel, and holding the spring is Magnum.
wink.gif

Very nice looking oil filter. Just what I expect from a Mahle product....
I feel very confident at work selling any Mahle products...

The extra piece on the spring may be intended to keep the spring centered in the dome, but I also suspect that it distributes the spring pressure evenly. The cut end of the spring coil creates a pressure point against the canister, which potentially could stress it and create a weak spot. Good on them for adding this little detail, no matter what it's for.

Originally Posted by DGXR
The extra piece on the spring may be intended to keep the spring centered in the dome, but I also suspect that it distributes the spring pressure evenly. The cut end of the spring coil creates a pressure point against the canister, which potentially could stress it and create a weak spot. Good on them for adding this little detail, no matter what it's for.

Yep ... nice touch on that detail. Think it's the only filter I've seen using an added "spring seat'".

The OEM cartridge oil filters for Kia/Hyundai 3.3 V6's are Mahle filters. They are very well made and have very uniform pleating. The end caps are fibrous like Fram Orange Can medias, and I have never seen them torn. I change oil on these things all the time, by the way. I wouldn't hesitate to buy Mahle for my own vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back