Newly Acquired '16 Ford Fiesta SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a 2 owner '16 Ford Fiesta. I really like the car. Previous owner says they've been doing 3k mile OCIs with Valvoline conv oil and Motorcraft oil filters. I've been contemplating which oil and filter to use and I'm planning to run Havoline conv 5w20. I like the fact that it comes in a 6 qt box with a bag inside vs the hard plastic jug that takes supposedly hundreds of years to degrade at a landfill. I kind of have the "oil is oil" frame of mind these days. I also like Super Tech oil, if not for the hard jugs. I've kind of gone back and forth as to synthetic or conventional.

I only drive 3000 to 4000 miles a year of mostly in town driving is what I drive, and have been doing 6 month OCIs.

As per oil filters, I have 2 Motorcraft FL910s and a Federated made by Hastings which are exactly the same size and the Federated weighs about .7 of an ounce more. I was thinking of running a Super Tech filter but didn't like the fact that they're smaller than a Motorcraft and Federated.

I welcome any opinions on these products.
Thanks for the add.

DSC_6928w.jpg

is it equipped with powershft transmission? if yes, then you have something more important to start thinking of..

Originally Posted by parshisa
is it equipped with powershft transmission? if yes, then you have something more important to start thinking of..

It has a 6 speed Powershift tranny. Is that bad?

It's under warranty until 100k miles or August 2023.

welcome2.gif

Originally Posted by parshisa

01.gif

At least Amalie makes a good DCT fluid at a fair price by the case
smile.gif

You might want to change the fluid annually

yes, it is bad, and Ford has no solution for it. I've had '14 focus leased and had several transmission re-flashes done on it as well as clutch packs changed at around 14K miles. Glad it was a lease.

Don't let the doom and gloomers discourage you. Yes, Ford did have DCT issues, now fixed with the 2017 model. Some will come on here and tell you thats not true but they are wrong. The good news for you is that the 16 model trans is not bad at all. Some of the trans bugs had been already worked out by then, and even better, you have an extended warranty mandated by the court order Ford agreed too. Look at the following:

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Fiesta/

Bottom line, drive on and enjoy the car. I love my 17 Fiesta. Its gets great MPG, saving me money every day. Its a fun car to zip around in. At 16,000 miles so far, I have had ZERO issues or complaints.

Once a year with SuperTech syn 5w-20 and Motorcraft filter. It's what my daughter does with her 2010 Fiesta. She does a whole lot more miles than you and been doing this for many years.

Edit: I put the plastic jug in the recycle bin.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
I bought a 2 owner '16 Ford Fiesta.

You're owner #3 on a 3 year old car. That tells all.

What does it tell?

The 1st owner drove it 10k miles and traded it for something bigger because she was a big woman and had trouble getting in and out of it.
The second owner drove it 47k miles and bought an AWD Subaru because she acquired a new property with a very steep, sand driveway that the Fiesta had trouble getting up.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Don't let the doom and gloomers discourage you. Yes, Ford did have DCT issues, now fixed with the 2017 model. Some will come on here and tell you thats not true but they are wrong. The good news for you is that the 16 model trans is not bad at all. Some of the trans bugs had been already worked out by then, and even better, you have an extended warranty mandated by the court order Ford agreed too. Look at the following:

Bottom line, drive on and enjoy the car. I love my 17 Fiesta. Its gets great MPG, saving me money every day. Its a fun car to zip around in. At 16,000 miles so far, I have had ZERO issues or complaints.

That's refreshing to hear. I was starting to think my newly acquired sweet little car was going to be a lemon in disguise.
smile.gif

I'm glad to hear most of the bugs have been worked out. I drive easy miles on it.

Live and learn. Had no idea. my apologies for misinforming the member.

Edit: morning brain [censored]. transmission has nothing to do with the clutches lol. oh my, one more coffee I need

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ka9mnx
Once a year with SuperTech syn 5w-20 and Motorcraft filter. It's what my daughter does with her 2010 Fiesta. She does a whole lot more miles than you and been doing this for many years.

Edit: I put the plastic jug in the recycle bin.

Interesting. How many miles does she drive a year?

I'll check with the city to make sure the oil jugs get recycled.
Someone on YT said China isn't taking them any more or something.
I wish all oil sellers did the box with bag inside.

I really love this car and love small cars in general. It rides nice for a small car.

I just put 4 new Nankang tires on it and new front brake pads.

Originally Posted by atikovi
I bought a 2 owner '16 Ford Fiesta.

You're owner #3 on a 3 year old car. That tells all.

What does it tell?

The 1st owner drove it 10k miles and traded it for something bigger because she was a big woman and had trouble getting in and out of it.
The second owner drove it 47k miles and bought an AWD Subaru because she acquired a new property with a very steep, sand driveway that the Fiesta had trouble getting up.

The big woman never test drove it??? More likely, the 1st owner, after taking it to the dealer every 2 month for transmission problems, saw the writing on the wall and dumped it. The 2nd owner, same story. Few new car buyers unload a car after just one year and few buyers unload 1 year old used cars after just one year either unless there are problems with the car.

The big woman never test drove it??? More likely, the 1st owner, after taking it to the dealer every 2 month for transmission problems, saw the writing on the wall and dumped it. The 2nd owner, same story. Few new car buyers unload a car after just one year and few buyers unload 1 year old used cars after just one year either unless there are problems with the car.

She tried the car for 10k miles and outgrew it. Ever heard of anyone gaining weight before?

The 2nd owner, I know very well, and it's NOT the same story.

You just like to create an argument with anyone at all. Is there a block feature here? If so, I'll block you. Your negative opinion is not appreciated. If not, an ignore feature will be fine with me.

People trade cars and sell cars for every reason under the sun, FYI.

Originally Posted by gfh77665

+1, per the above link it looks like you did well. Enjoy the new car!

There was a thread on here about a Fiesta that a courier had with ultra high miles. I think a million or so if I recall correctly.

The doom and gloomer above is a car flipper fyi.

Interesting. How many miles does she drive a year?

I'll check with the city to make sure the oil jugs get recycled.
Someone on YT said China isn't taking them any more or something.
I wish all oil sellers did the box with bag inside.

15 to 20k. She lives in the country (rural) so it's all highway miles and 20 miles to the grocery store. If the OLM comes on sooner (rarely does) she'll change it sooner.

I won't try the box oil. Bad experiences with the wife's box wine. Just don't like the idea and none of my vehicles need 6 qts.

Have fun with that car!

My Favourite rental tiny car. Great Steering. I enjoy how the trans doesn't sap power from small engines like a planetary/converter trans would The ST w/ the turbo must be killer. Complaint I would like a bit less knee intrusion from the center stack but I'm 250 6'-1".
I had a Mazda two and this trounces it - I assume same basic ford/mazda platform. Ford tuning was better.

In this segment The Spark is awful and I didn't like the First gen Chevy Cruze. at all either.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back